Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/17/2003 6:13:44 PM EDT
Looking to make sure my cleaning kit is the best I can get. I want to break it down first by hardware then by software. I mean software is chemical products. And best prices to obtain.

Hardware Needed: (I will take a shot at it first)

1) Cleaning rod of somekind ie Otis, Dewey, etc
2) Bore Guide w/solvent port?
3) Various brushes ie?

Was this a good start? and what brand of products?

Software:

1) Bore Cleaner

2) overall lubricant after cleaning

3) heavy duty grease for bolt and bolt carrier?

I hear TW-25B is good. Is it better than tetra Gun products?

I need you help. Thanks. Ralph
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:51:24 AM EDT
Originally Posted By rhatland: Looking to make sure my cleaning kit is the best I can get. I want to break it down first by hardware then by software. I mean software is chemical products. And best prices to obtain. Hardware Needed: (I will take a shot at it first) 1) Cleaning rod of somekind ie Otis, Dewey, etc I use a Dewey, both are fine 2) Bore Guide w/solvent port? I use both,port minimizes waste & mess 3) Various brushes ie? I prefer nylon & bronze brushes, I use the bronze brush sparingly. Get a jag too. Was this a good start? and what brand of products? Yes, I buy cleaning supplies from Sinclair International. Software: 1) Bore Cleaner Shooters Choice, Sweets for copper, again use sparingly, opinions may vary 2) overall lubricant after cleaning I prefer Miltec & CLP 3) heavy duty grease for bolt and bolt carrier? I use Miltec on bolt I hear TW-25B is good. Is it better than tetra Gun products? Never tried TW-25B, I use tetra on my handgun, works well Go to www.sinclairintl.com They carry all of these products and more. (Except the Miltec) I need you help. Thanks. Ralph
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:03:09 PM EDT
Something to remove the bulk of the residue after cleaning the chamber with brush and a solvent, makes things go faster. This can range from a spray can of Gun Scrubber or brake cleaner to bulk solvents and an air hose (then again a ultrasonic cleaner also works well ;-). Regards John
Top Top