Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 4:01:21 PM EDT
i just bought my ar and was wondering what type of lube should i use to clean it..i use Kleen Bore kits on my pistols and that has a lube/cleaner....is that all right to use?
thanks
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Breakfree CLP.  It cleans, lubes and protects!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:58:47 PM EDT
[#2]
my experiance with gun conditioner #3 isn't bad but i would pony up for something better. break free clp or Mucsle products/shooters choice awesome firepower FP-10. also i am trying out super lube's dry film lubercant next time i go out to burn some rounds through the AR. i'll let everyone know how well it works
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#3]
If you want a cleaner,lubricant and protectant all in one bottle I would use the Firepower FP-10 CLP.
Break Free clp is good too but the FP-10 cleans and lubes much better.Not to mention smells better.
If you want a seperate cleaner and lube/protectant I would use Mil-comm TW-25B or Mc-2500 oil and the MC-25 cleaner.
Raymond
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:26:46 PM EDT
[#4]
You should all try out Slip 2000 CLP. Just E-mail [email protected] and ask for a free sample. It has worked wonders in keeping the carbon and lead from building up. Its a great cleaner also. The web site is www.slip2000.com
Crisco
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:03:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Shineit,
Have you tried the New Slip2000 mil-spec E 150 version yet?If not send them a email.
Slip2000 sent me a sample of the mil-spec D version and a mil-spec E version last week and I tried it on one of my 59/66AL's.Works pretty good.
Slip2000 seems to be good stuff.
I still like the FP-10 CLP better though.
Raymond
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top