Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2002 6:17:11 AM EDT
This may sound stupid, but how do you get the buttstock off? want to put a new one on.
 thanks.
George W
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:35:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Very simple, top screw on the back of the stock {above the hinge}. caution push pin spring is located at rear of lower.

RON KONTOWSKY
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:07:03 AM EDT
[#2]
OK thanks will try it, one other thing is it legal for me to put a four point m-4 stock on my post ban gun?
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:23:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Ah Ron I cant seem to get that screw out it looks kind of permanent there, what am I doing wrong. thanks
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 12:54:57 AM EDT
[#4]
The screw that holds the buttstock on has red Loctite on it.  This is the 'permanent' stuff, so you will need either a "pistol grip" or T-handle screw driver to take it off.  Snap-On sells these, and I'm sure other companies do also.  Use a wide bit, i.e. 1/4 inch.  You can also try an electric drill, but use a corded one as those usually have more torque.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:57:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok thats the problem I will fetch the dewalt!
thanks George
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top