Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/10/2002 2:16:33 PM EDT
I have a chrome lined barrel/chamber. I can get the whole M4 clean as a whistle but notice a slight amount of carbon build up where the chamber neck meets the bore. Just a small amount that is noticeable when peering through the bore after cleaning for inspection. Does anyone else notice this and how do you get at it? I use an Otis kit that works great but after 3 to 4 brush passes that slim ring of crap is still there. What do you think, more passes? More cleaner? I am just not sure it'll do it and obviously the chamber brush won't reach it. Unless I am not driving it in far enough. Thanks in advance!-Horik
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 11:59:42 PM EDT
If you've cleaned the bore and chamber properly, I honestly wouldn't worry about it.

How are you viewing this, a bore scope?
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 7:08:49 AM EDT
Naaa! Just peering through with the ambient light coming from the other end. Or the Otis fiber optic thing. I feel stupid now though. After looking through from the reciever end through the chamber I realized it was just the rifling grooves that were raised there. From the other end I was sure it was build up. Whoops! I wrote this post before really thinking about it and I thought MAN!!!!! it's wierd the rest of the rifle is spotless and this one spot is a bitch. I usually detail the rifle after every 2 or 3 outings. So thanks for the reply and all is now well.......:)
Top Top