Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/10/2002 2:16:33 PM EDT
I have a chrome lined barrel/chamber.  I can get the whole M4 clean as a whistle but notice a slight amount of carbon build up where the chamber neck meets the bore.  Just a small amount that is noticeable when peering through the bore after cleaning for inspection.  Does anyone else notice this and how do you get at it?  I use an Otis kit that works great but after 3 to 4 brush passes that slim ring of crap is still there.  What do you think, more passes? More cleaner?  I am just not sure it'll do it and obviously the chamber brush won't reach it.  Unless I am not driving it in far enough.  Thanks in advance!-Horik
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 11:59:42 PM EDT
[#1]
If you've cleaned the bore and chamber properly, I honestly wouldn't worry about it.

How are you viewing this, a bore scope?
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 7:08:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Naaa!  Just peering through with the ambient light coming from the other end.  Or the Otis fiber optic thing.  I feel stupid now though.  After looking through from the reciever end through the chamber I realized it was just the rifling grooves that were raised there.    From the other end I was sure it was build up.  Whoops!  I wrote this post before really thinking about it and I thought MAN!!!!!  it's wierd the rest of the rifle is spotless and this one spot is a bitch.  I usually detail the rifle after every 2 or 3 outings.  So thanks for the reply and all is now well.......:)
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top