Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/27/2002 3:54:52 AM EDT
I have a McFarland one piece gas ring to put on the bolt; is there a trick to removing the three split ring types?

Thanks,
Bill
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 4:57:39 AM EDT
I guess if you are not going to reuse the three individual rings again you could just use a dental pick or similar tool to pry up une edge and then work the ring off the bolt.

The question I have is :
How do you install the new one-piece ring?

Link Posted: 9/27/2002 5:15:11 AM EDT
Thanks for the response,

Not having taken any off, I wasn't sure how to keep the rings from turning as you pry at the slot.

As far as putting the McFarland coiled-spring one on, I found a thread that said to use a fingernail to seperate the spiral at its end and sort of "thread" it on by turning.

Thanks,
Bill
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 5:51:49 AM EDT
We had our last league match Saturday so I decided to try to change the rings. Boy was it simple! I used an Xacto knife to lift the edge of the split rings out of the groove on the bolt one at a time. Then used my thumbnail to pull the end away from the McFarland ring and feed it into the groove and just sort of "threaded" it on. The whole operation took about a minute.

Does anyone have any experience with the McFarlands as to how well they work and how long they should last?

Thanks,
Bill
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 8:22:53 PM EDT
Where did you buy the one piece ring? Later! Lone Eagle
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 4:23:00 AM EDT
It is Item #14-5155 from Sinclair (260)493-1858

Thanks,
Bill
Top Top