Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2002 1:07:46 PM EDT
Anyone know where i can get the takedown pins with the little knob on it,so you can grasp it pull it out,instead of using something to push it from the other side? usually use whatever is handy at the time,always worry about slipping and scarring the side of the receiver,a pin with a knob or grip of some kind be alot handier
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 3:18:51 AM EDT
[#1]
It would also hang on just about everything Disassembly of the majority of your AR and take-down pin in particular is easily accomplished with a 223 cartridge rim (preferably a fired round) as brass marks clean off.

I have always used my thumb to prevent what you have described, however if your rifle is new and stiff, a slight downward pressure w/ your offhand on the top of the upper receiver will make things easier.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

my 2 cents
Mike
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top