Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:10:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I had this happen in a Remington 700 once but with a brass case.  Cleaning rods, soaking in oil, filling the barrel with transmission fluid and pumping with a dowel to create hydraulic pressure all failed.

They had these long wood lag bolts at Lowes.  Took one home, drilled a hole in the back of the case, and used an impact driver to screw the lag bolt into the hole with a large washer that created a pulling force.

Popped right out.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:28:50 PM EDT
[#3]
OP get a $5 hacksaw at walmart and cut the rod off 1" above the muzzle. It will literally take two seconds. I thought the exact same thing as you when this happened to me. Don't bend the rod etc. Cut it off.

Beat the shit out of it. It WILL come out. The smith is just going to beat it out anyway.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 6:23:32 PM EDT
[#4]
If you can't  figure out how to measure and cut a small diameter rod--- take it to someone who does. What caliber case, what caliber bore?
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 6:38:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Kroil penetrating oil down barrel, turn muzzle side up, let sit 72-96 hours to do it's work, then use 3-piece USGI cleaning rod and a hammer. soft taps, working up to harder taps, then smacks if need be. I've been there.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 7:02:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Heat up the casing. Preferably with a heat gun, but even with a hair dryer if you must. I had it happen a few times ages ago, but I had one bad enough i bent two brass rods. Gave up on saving the rifling and bought a rolled steel rod, heated the case and chamber, and beat the absolute fuck out of it.

After I got it out I dropped it off to have my chamber reamed. He said there wasn’t any metal and it was all carbon fouling. This was during a 500 or so round range trip so the blow by from the steel casings mixed with a little chamber cleaning neglect just turned it to rock. Surprisingly my rifling was just fine. I still have the rod and it never bent at all.

I gave up on steel after that and haven’t had it happen again.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 7:39:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe sticking it in deep freezer for a few hours might help

Chill then pound?

Good luck op.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:47:06 PM EDT
[#8]
A buddy of mine rigged up an attachment that threaded onto the barrel & had a zerk fitting on the end, fill the barrel with motor oil, connect up your grease gun & pump until the case pops out, worked great. We used it a few times back when shooting steel cased was dirt cheap, you know the lacquered steel cased stuff that its only an internet myth that it gets stuck!
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:55:52 AM EDT
[#9]
shoot a subsonic 22lr round down the front of the barrel

I kid. Were you ever able to get this resolved OP?

I had this issue once upon a time... steel suppressor alignment rounds that were a pretty tight fit did the job good.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#10]
take some aerokroil down the chamber, let it sit for a few minutes, apply some more and start tapping.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:18:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I agree with freezing it. Freeze it overnight, like 12+ hours, get it nice and cold. Then beat the life out of it with a big ass hammer and brass rod, it'll come out
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Found a video on grease gun stuck case removal!
Removing a stuck case with a grease gun
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 2:06:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top