Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2017 5:41:28 PM EDT
So I went to clean my gun and never got around to it, decided I didn't feel like it at the time. Go to put it back together and my bcg won't lock into the lugs. I can just slide it right out, and the forward assist is stoping about half way. Cleaned out the lugs as there was a fair amount of carbon build up, but no luck. Gas tube is strait and free of debris, gas key is tight and bolt seems to be in good shape overall.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure you already checked this but is the bolt installed correctly?
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Try using marker to blacken all the lugs and turn in repeatedly to see if any of the black is disturbed.

Right angle tool pick/dental pick and scratch inside where lugs go to see if there is an obstruction.

check cam pin assembly for issures.

Carrier fit without bolt?

Just spitballing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm sure you already checked this but is the bolt installed correctly?
View Quote
The extractor goes on the RH side or on the left if you're looking at the bolt face with the gas key 'up'. I'm not really sure if putting it in wrong is even possible but its just something to check.
On any self-loader; the extractor has to be on the same side as the ejection port.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll pop the bolt out later (need to go to work) but the bolt does rotate into the lugs but will not lock. I mean, I cleaned it out pretty good!, will report back.

Just for a bit more info.

Bolt is a AIM, upper is a bcm. Never had prior issues.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:36:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top