Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2010 2:42:14 PM EDT
i am removing the bolt latch. i have a  1/16  and a  3/32  punch. which one do i use to remove the rollpin?  the 3/32 seems too big(rests outside the hole).  the 1/16 seems like it would work but may go inside the pin if i hammer on it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
i am removing the bolt latch. i have a  1/16  and a  3/32  punch. which one do i use to remove the rollpin?  the 3/32 seems too big(rests outside the hole).  the 1/16 seems like it would work but may go inside the pin if i hammer on it.

I'd love to see an answer to this.  I got mine in using a punch thats approximately the same size as the roll pin, but those punches were so flimsy and bent so that I couldn't get it back out when I refinished my rifle.  I'd say get a good set of the smaller punches made out of something other than die cast metal.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's the cool tool for that job -

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productnumber=151542

I don't have one, I use a 1/16" punch and swear a lot. But there are days I really wish I wasn't a cheap bastard and just went ahead and bought one.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#3]
man.....if i buy it ill only use it once.  someone told me to use a 3/32 but i have no idea how that would work...it seems too big. ill try the 1/6  and tell the wife to put the earmuffs on
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#4]
i guess the other question is does it matter which side that you remove and install the pin? punch out the pin toward the barrel?  punch the new pin in the same direction?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:54:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Here ya go....

Page 3-63
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:27:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
i guess the other question is does it matter which side that you remove and install the pin? punch out the pin toward the barrel?  punch the new pin in the same direction?

It's a lot easier to install the pin using slip-joint pliers.  Wrap some electrical tape over the plier jaws to avoid scratching the receiver.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:42:37 PM EDT
[#7]
thanks kekoa.........it seems that im supposed to use a 1/32 punch to remove the pin.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top