Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2006 3:12:48 AM EDT
Does this look "right" for the rear sight at the highest possible elevation setting? Or should it be much higher?

DPMS A2 DCH photo set, the arrow points towards the contact point between the windage knob and elevation index. They actually rub just a little.

They are all in the highest position ("5") with the IBZ, while the photo with the arrow was shown with the rear sight in the bottom position (-4 clicks from 6/3).
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:37:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Dano. So that position should be "good" to go for ~500yd targets?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#4]
No, it should be able to go higher then that mine do. And there should no contact  between the knobs.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:46:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No, it should be able to go higher then that mine do. And there should no contact  between the knobs.

Can you post a photo of your detachable handle with the housing bottomed out, then raised all the way up? Somehow I think you may have confused a standard A-2 upper receiver's amount that you can raise the rear sight, verses the amount that you can raise a detachable carry handles rear sight.

If you take a look at this photo, you will see that the sight housing threaded section only has the amount of room from the bottom of the roll pin, to the bottom of the detachable handle flat (minus the amount of the retaining end slot in the threaded section) to be able to rise. In order for the sight housing to be raised higher, the housings threaded section would need to protrude below the base of the detachable handle, and since the A-3 upper receiver is not mill out for such, the handle would not fit on the upper with the housing threaded all the way down.

www.redpulsar.us/~coldfusion/ARFCOM/DPMS_1.jpg

I looked at them again and the gap at the highest setting looks pretty close to his, but the top of my rear sight goes about 1/8 of inch above the carry handle so it looks much higher.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top