[#1]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:19:21 PM EDT
[#2]
What does IIRQ mean?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I just had no idea what it meant. I googled it and nothing came up.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Kalrez seems best, but they are like $35 each.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:57:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:08:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Brownells has new chrome-silicon extractor springs. I wonder how they fit into this picture. I wonder if they last much longer than the Wolff springs.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:36:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Brownells has new chrome-silicon extractor springs. I wonder how they fit into this picture. I wonder if they last much longer than the Wolff springs.

I have some of those. IMHO don't bother. Wolff is made of rocket wire, has a thicker wire diameter, and like half a coil extra length.

The Brownells CS extractor springs are the same wire diameter as the current issue 4-coil extractor spring.

The D-fender is supposed to outlive the rifle, which is a good thing if you don't want the O-Ring coming apart in the middle of a range session/carbine class/competition.

The Crane O-Ring is NOT Buna-N/nitrile rubber. Adco has stated in the past that it is not Viton. If it is PTFE, then it is dyed black. Black fluorosilicone may also be a prime candidate. Remember that low temp up to high temp is required by the O-Ring (something like -60F up to 500F is most likely close to the required temp range).

ETA: It sounds like you are looking at McMaster's catalog of O-Rings. I've been there and done that, it appears the best choice out of their O-Ring material selection for this application is PTFE. It is rated Excellent in almost every category, will work from -100F to +500F. However, it is "white" so it won't look the same as the Crane O-Ring.

I am using the D-fender right now and it is a fairly hard material. When they say it increases extraction force 4x, they weren't kidding. Your finger nail won't even budge the extractor. With a Wolff XP extractor spring and black insert, I can lift the extractor a little using a finger nail or brass punch.

I used some aluminum snap caps to manually test feeding, chambering, and extraction with good results. The weather has been too lousy lately for any range work.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top