Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 10:42:18 AM EDT
Well, for $8, I figure I'll try it out.

I can't get it in for the life of me. It says not to be too forceful, but I can't get it to go through, even with it CLP'd up.

Anybody else have problems? They are a one-size fits all, right?

I have a Del-Ton built upper, with a standard bolt & carrier.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:58:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally, I think replacing gas rings is an easier task than putting these damn things in. That not withstanding, I found the easiest way to do it is put it through until it makes contact with the inside right hole. Once it's there, make sure the slit is vertical then push up on the tab ends with a punch to seat the top of the tabs in the top of the hole and simultaneously push in from the outside. It still won't be easy, but it reduces the chance you'll break it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok, so it's supposed to be that difficult to install then? I thought I was just unlucky.

This is my first build, and I've run into so many little annoying problems.

I'll just try again, worse case scenario, I guess it breaks and I lose $8.

Speaking of gas rings, is there a benefit of replacing them? Are there aftermarket ones to get?
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top