Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/1/2006 2:26:33 AM EDT
Just got a houge pistol grip for the ar but I'm having trouble getting it to seat flush with the lower?
It has a gap about 1cm-2cm from fitting flush! I've got it tightened down as tight as it will go and the spring is in right. Do I need to trim the inside down for clearance of the lower reciver??? Any of you have any of these problems......HELP me out guys.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:00:13 AM EDT
Who made the lower receiver? Are you sure its seated in properly? Remove it and check to make sure the safety selector, detent, and spring are properly installed (check it again to make sure). Try the Hogue on another AR to see if it fits. If it fits properly, your current lower may be out of spec.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:36:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:38:33 PM EDT
Thanks for the info I look into the gun after diner! I'm thinkin it's the spring hole not deep enough.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:54:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:53:34 PM EDT
Dano thanks for the imput had to drill out the detent spring area a little. On my lower I had to grind out the grip were in would sit flush with the lower reciver. As for the side selector switch I just fired up the heat gun a got it warm, so when I fliped the switch it made a nice channel for it to go into. Looks like it came modified from houge that way. But thanks to all of you guys who helped me out.
Top Top