Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/19/2006 6:40:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2006 6:43:29 PM EDT by MTNmyMag]
I have a RRA 16" middy I have used for years, ran thousands and thousands of rounds through it.

I recently purchased a new barrel from ADCO and swapped it out. I have noticed for years that when I eject a loaded bullet it has slighly spiral shaped markings on the bullet. I never paid to much attention to it because by the time I noticed it I had already ran 2 cases through the barrel with no problems. Tonight I put a Winchester Ballistic Tip "Silver Tip" in the barrel with it out of the upper and then extracted it with a flat blade screw driver. The marks on it look like the bullet is almost completely contacting that lands. I dont think I have ever fired anything but 55 grn ammo through the barrel. Could this end up being a problem if I use it in my next build as is?

I checked the new barrel and it does the same thing, maybe its the feed cuts scratchimng it?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:00:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:15:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2006 7:15:28 PM EDT by MTNmyMag]
Isnt using the black colored winchester bullets the same as the sharpie marker?

Since the new barrel is doing the same thing I am pretty sure this is normal?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:53:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:06:22 PM EDT
Both barrels I currently have do the same thing, Let me see if I can get some pics of the scratches up here some how I dont have a camera right now so it is going to take a day or two.
Top Top