Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/7/2006 10:01:48 AM EDT
I can not slide the bolt back. It is stuck. Is there a trick to fix this problem???

Please help

Thanks,
Lucklui
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:36:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:28:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I had this problem before, it can happen if the gun has been stored for awhile, the "gas pipe" gets stuck in its hole in the slide assembly. You might try some oil around the area where they meet and see if that helps. If this is not the problem we need more info like Dano asked for.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:15:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Ahh, the joys of benign neglect!

Try maintaining the muzzle AWAY from your body, and kick that bitch open.  In the last QUARTER CENTURY mine has done that several times, as mentioned it relates to the weapon "being rode hard and put up wet".  Also, if when cleaning some fluid/crap gets into the gas pipe and dries later, the piston can get stuck to the slide.  Which is why it is best to strip the weapon for cleaning, rather than just swabbing the bore out.

Oops, mine has been sitting dirty about a month now.  

paladin
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top