Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/28/2003 3:00:33 AM EDT
I did not check the Bolt Catch spring hole with a drill bit when I assembled my DPMS lower. There must be a tiny burr on the edge of the hole. Now the bolt catch plunger (on top of the bolt catch spring) won't pop completely out under spring pressure. It will move a bit in-and-out, but it hangs up when released with only its rounded top sticking out, so it can't be grabbed with pliers and pulled out. This situation, of course, leaves the Bolt Catch just flopping around, with no spring pressure.

I am stumped. Any thoughts, short of drilling it out? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 3:15:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Try to deburr the edge with a drill bit or a pocket knife then drop a little CLP into the hole. Continue to "function" the detent, it will most likely come free. If not check back in.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 4:07:53 PM EDT
[#2]
you can take a punch and knock the roll pin out.  remove bolt catch, pry the plunger out, and remove spring.  take a burr knife and see if that helps.  if not just take a little material off the plunger.  CLP wouldnt hurt either.  
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top