Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2003 3:32:05 PM EDT
Hi Tweak,
Well, I ran into a problem installing my ambi-selector. I can't get the old selector switch out! And of all the accessories this is the one that didn't come w/ instructions! So how do I get the old one out?!? Oh and for installing a tac latch, any suggestions on getting the roll pin out of the charging handle? I couldn't find a 1/16" punch, I'll keep looking but any field expedient tips? TIA!
Matt (aka flipper on TF... told you I'd be stopping by!)

Link Posted: 9/9/2003 5:05:38 PM EDT
Flipper, You have to remove the pistol grip to remove the selector. I know, it just gets better and better. Can't think of field expedient punches, mebbe, MEBBE a small finishing nail ground flat on both ends. Check the bigger hardware stores, the big box ones, you may have to buy a set of punches but that ain't bad. Or Brownells, easy bet on that one.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 7:43:16 PM EDT
Hey Tweak, Thanks for the help! Turns out we did have the right punch which I broke in the process of getting the pin out! Then the pin broke(-err sort of....) going back in! I just can't win today. It's most of the way in and seems like it's in there good but I would like to get another one to replace it. Where can one get a 1/16" roll pin? If it's flush & operational do ya think I have anything to worry about? At least the Norgon Ambi-Catch went in smooth! Thanks for the help! Flip
Top Top