Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2003 1:18:20 PM EDT
I'm at my wits end.  I'm having a problem with my Ceiner .22 conversion unit.  It consistantly has failures to eject.  The spent case gets caught rim down between the bolt and the charging handle.  Kinda like an "internal stove-pipe".  

Funny thing is, this thing is 100% reliable with just about any ammo/upper combo.  It has fits when used with a particular lower.  I hear evryone say: "Well, dummy, just don't use that lower!!"  Not that easy.  The problem child happens to be my pre-ban that the wife and kids like to shoot because of the tele-stock.

Anyone with similar probs or ideas???

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:31:03 PM EDT
[#1]
gunnutt,

I don't have any experience with the Ciener/Atchinson conv kits but according to Accuracy Speaks the magazines quite often cause FtEj. This may be why you see it one lower and not another. The relationship of the kit to the mag changes slightly.

Their recs are trying a different mag or filing/bending "the magazine lips until they no longer contact the case in the bolt face, but still feed reliably." Try another magazine first.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:47:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Tweak.

The damn mags for these things are like gold.  No wait...gold is cheaper.  I have swapped and measured and stared at this thing for literally hours and cannot find a damn difference.  Maybe I can load single rounds and try it WITHOUT the mag.  The maybe a single round in the mag.  First I need to invest in a damn .22 trap so I can do this in my basement instead of countless trips to the range after each tweak. (no pun intended)

What's been your experience with those in-expensive dedicated uppers you see advertised?  Same issues?

Link Posted: 9/4/2003 9:29:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I've handled two, both DCM homologues, both AS systems, they both worked fine, shot excellently. Can't recall the brand of conv kit in them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:22:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The damn mags for these things are like gold.  
View Quote

According to JAC's [url=http://www.22lrconversions.com/atch-pg.htm]site[/url] the 10 round mags are $25. You can always try sending the unit back to JAC for repair/tuning. They may have some more insight.
[b]Phone order desk is 321 868 2200, Monday thru Friday, 7:30 to 4:00 est[/b]
View Quote
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top