Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/1/2003 8:06:59 AM EDT
I removed both butt plate screws and the buffer spring. Now how do I take off the stock? I can't see any other screws that are holding it on. Should I just pull with all my strength?
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Should now unscrew (Counter clockwise) off be carefull of the foam, I have never removed (only installed) but it should probably be rolled in small increments as you remove to avoid ripping.

Robert

www.rbprecision.com

Link Posted: 9/1/2003 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#2]
If you want to save the foam, try putting a little dish soap under the foam anywhere you can.Try rolling it if you can.Eventually you will be able to slide it off the buffer tube and as RBP said,unscrew the buffer tube.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#3]
So I unscrew the buffer tube, and then the stock will come off it? Because right now stock/buffer tube are still on the gun.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 11:32:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes

Robert
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 1:25:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top