Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/18/2003 6:43:39 PM EDT
Hi Guys:

I have a new Colt Hbar Comp. I tried to disassemble it for the 1st time today: When I push the takedown pin in all the way (until it stops)I still cannot pivot the lower away from the upper. It only allows "1/8th of play, but will not separate. Any suggestions.

Thanks a bunch!!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 7:20:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds to me like your buffer came out of the tube and went into the upper just so slightly to prevent them from coming apart. (it should be kept in place by a small pin; or your bolt carrier is not in place (all forward against the barrel extension)and is sticking out into the lower. Check an AR15 diagram to see what I am talking about.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#2]
What he said.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Also, the carrier needs to be in the cocked posistion.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 6:59:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 11:30:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the help guys...she just needed to get into the "cocked position" before I could spread her apart.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 1:44:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't feel bad, I do the same thing all the time.  

At the public range that I go to, the bolt must be locked back when the rifle is not in use.  Half the time I go to shotgun the action open to re-lube the carrier/bolt, I forget to lower the carrier and have the puzzled look on my face until I hit the bolt release.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top