Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2003 3:11:25 PM EDT
Can anyone give me an idea on how difficult adding a single point sling plate (like the GG&G, or the like) is to install on a carbine?  I am thinking of adding one to my SBR stock when I get it together but have never messed with removing car stock/buffer tube assembly, etc.  Nor do I have a stock wrench.  I am sure I can handle it but just looking for a heads up.    I can always go with the tactical sling but this SBR is small and it seems that two attachement points is really more than needed.  Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#1]
If I can handle it, you can.

The stock wrench is really helpful for snugging the ring down tight enough to stay.  The major pain is making sure you get the rear reciever detent spring back into the hole and under the plate without bending it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, what Lumpy said.  I would add that you should go crazy and spend the 4 bucks for the carbine wrench when you order your sling.  It just makes things even easier.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:07:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Great!  THanks all!  I'm givin' it a go!-Horik
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top