Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/4/2003 6:23:20 PM EDT
I just put together a Eagle Arms Lower with a DPMS parts kit. The disconnector will not allow the hammer to release. I also used 2 different hammers and triggers. So I assume the disconnector needs to replaced or a few thousands taken off. I don't want to screw anything up so I would like some info.....thanks Chad
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the disconnector spring in place or binding?
Don't file it. Even if that is the problem (out of spec), you'll remove the hardness and over time it would wear down to the point of possibly
going full-auto. A new replacement is only a few bucks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I  feel like a real dumb a** I had the trigger spring  backwards.....
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I  feel like a real dumb a** I had the trigger spring  backwards.....
View Quote

Don't sweat it; you would have felt like more of a dumb a** if you'd started filing away at the disconnector.  [;)]  You did the right thing by stopping to think first.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes I did the right thing by looking at this site
and the lower assembly pictures. What a great Site!!
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top