Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/20/2002 6:45:39 PM EDT
finally got done troubleshooting the last probl;em, now this!

The magazine catch fractured right at the curve formed by the creation of the post that teh mag release button screws onto.

If it ain't one thing, it's another.

Oh well, at least it's easy to fix. Just wondring if anybody else has experienced this sort of problem?

Tango7
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 7:07:19 AM EDT
Exactly the same thing with a catch I got from Rock River when I was building up one of their lowers. since I suspect that most of these folks get their small parts from the sme sub suppliers, I decided to not go that route again. As a temp fix, I pulled the release off my Colt SP1. I noticed that the profile of the staked part of the Colt push arm was slightly different than the aftermarket piece. At the next gunshow, I found a parts dealer who had a bunch of takeoff parts from demills. Sure enough the staking profile was the same as the Colt piece I had, while the other parts guy with the commercial parts all had the profile of the one that broke. Bought the surplus part, have had no problems since.

Wish I could describe the difference in appearance, it's very slight, but it is distinct. Both Bushie and Rock River use the "Commercial" type, so all I can say is, if you can put an aftermarket piece and a /Colt side by side, you'll see the difference.
Top Top