Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2021 1:13:51 AM EDT
Does anyone know if this company is real or bogus?  

Does anyone know if their lowers are quality products?

I'm in love with the look of one of their DPMS lowers and they appear to be shipping.   I'd like to do business with them, except....

1)  Checking archive.org, the website has evolved over the years and prior to this year, seems to have gone missing for several years.  
2)  The "about us" lists a company in Billings MT, but they state they are a "licensed Firearms Manufacturer in Oregon"
3)  I couldn't find the company 80 Lower Machineworks, LLC in ThomasNet, BBB, or anywhere else.
4)  Their address is a strip mall in Billings.  Suite 1 doesn't appear listed in gMaps, but looking up and down the strip mall, it seems (I may be wrong!) Suite 1 was a Sports Authority that has been closed.  This is much too big for a boutique machine shop and the rent would be too pricey, as I see no reason that such a boutique would need such retail space.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/100+S+24th+St+W,+Billings,+MT+59102/@45.7714906,-108.5779478,19z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x53487cc55bc02e0b:0xa3399b52a32444e9!8m2!3d45.7716982!4d-108.5773478
5)  They only accept credit cards, but not more traditional channels for new firms, like PayPal.
6)  They have no phone #, nor facebook, nor instagram... they're ghosts except for their website.

I emailed them, but given how busy everyone is, I don't expect a prompt reply.

Appreciate the wisdom of the community!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#1]
HERE  will likely get you more hits.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:01:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Right to the left of that Sports Authority is "Express Print Pack Ship" store.......and they rent private mail boxes.
The address for Express is Suite 1: https://www.expresspps.com/Home-Business/Mailbox-Rental

80% is just a box holder..........box 1083.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:21:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, great sleuthing.  I'm sure you're spot on correct.  It doesn't mean they aren't a valid shop - they may simply prefer the anonymity (and security) of re-routing their mail.  However, given the rest of the oddities....

Even though their products and prices seem particularly attractive (to me, anyway), is it worth the risk trying to buy from them?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:13:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Bought a AR10 Lower from them recently.  They were helpful enough to answer my questions and gave a 10% veterans discount.  Had an issue with the drill plate on the jig and they shipped me a new one.

-Fir3Stix
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:30:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bought a AR10 Lower from them recently.  They were helpful enough to answer my questions and gave a 10% veterans discount.  Had an issue with the drill plate on the jig and they shipped me a new one.

-Fir3Stix
View Quote

Your first post is to relate your buying experience from a company with somewhat weird website and no physical address?
Yeah that builds confidence.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:18:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I have no experience with them but may I recommend another vendor who I have dealt with?-
American Made Tactical
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:41:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Your first post is to relate your buying experience from a company with somewhat weird website and no physical address?
Yeah that builds confidence.
View Quote

And a join date of Jan '21.  Just happened to come across this post by chance......ya......right.....
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Hi there. I am new here, long-time lurker, no personal interest with this company beyond one recent experience.  Helped a buddy assemble an 80-lower.com 5.56 rifle kit a couple months ago. Parts all appear serviceable, and the rifle runs (on a poverty pony stripped lower), the 80% they sent with it (which they no longer do, apparently due to the poly 80 BS) also looked good, F/S marked (I've seen much nicer fonts, but it is marked) forged 7075 and will be used for a future build. Package arrived within the time frame specified on their site (about two weeks, at that time). It appears that they are currently out of BCGs, so be aware. Hope this helps.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top