AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
theres is an option to get "pinned on", with 3 different "pinned on" options, should i do that? also, i like longer rails 10in-12in, (looking at specific alg rails) can i use those with a carbine? Will i still need a gas tube and block? i dont like the fsb sites. Is a carbine still a good gas length?

20 questions I know, just gets a little more confsuing around the barrel.
View Quote
BA offers a gas block if you don’t already have one, check the alg site and see if they offer one to compliment the rail you want instead. This will insure that it fits under the rail. You can buy just the barrel from BA and get the block and tube later on. Carbine gas length barrels are still good to go and reliable. If you want to check around for a mid length version that’s cool too, I just noticed the markdown and wanted to pass it along.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#2]
kl thanks man, ive actually ran low on funds for about a week. So far im $418 in the hole, with a complete lower, BCG, upper reciever, charging handle. That deosnt seem tooooo bad...right? So if the deal is still there when my paycheck bounces ill probably get it (actually i might be able to tomorrow :)). Ive still got alot to learn, which now has become very apparent after reading about barrels. I appreciate all the help. Ill probably build this lower first, then start back up with the questions. :)
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 9:22:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
kl thanks man, ive actually ran low on funds for about a week. So far im $418 in the hole, with a complete lower, BCG, upper reciever, charging handle. That deosnt seem tooooo bad...right? So if the deal is still there when my paycheck bounces ill probably get it (actually i might be able to tomorrow :)). Ive still got alot to learn, which now has become very apparent after reading about barrels. I appreciate all the help. Ill probably build this lower first, then start back up with the questions. :)
View Quote
Rock and roll man, sounds like you’ll have a few bucks leftover for mags and ammo.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 9:35:09 PM EDT
[#4]
If you don't have a FSB, how are you going to fix your bayonet?
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you don't have a FSB, how are you going to fix your bayonet?
View Quote
Huh. A pic rail mount knife. Who woulda thunk it?

Firefield Rifle Knife
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 3:25:13 PM EDT
[#6]
--------UPDATE-------------

Just finished my lower, didnt have the castle nut tool or torque wrench for the barrel. so i just got it pretty tight (not too tight though), with a wrench and duct tape, then locked in place with a punch and hammer.
Waiting on my ALG rail, so i can finish the upper. I bought a BA hanson mid length, with pinned gas block. So looks like i get to skip that step. :)
Bought some magpul mbus pros
Dont have a torque wrench still, Im wandering if im careful if i can just put the barrel on without one, let me here your thoughts.
Im in about $1100 so far with everything, including mag and some ammo. Where i spent the money was on the rail, barrel, and sights. I could have done it cheaper, but i wanted to only cry once.
tell me wht yall guys think, and any insight would be awesome.
Also, thanks for all the people helping me get this started a few days ago!!!

PS. im only rocking the mil-spec trigger, is it any good. I might switch it out someday, if i can get thos pins out.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 5:41:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Harbor Freight for a torque wrench. 1/2 t wrench are 20 bucks. Pick up a breaker bar also if you dont have one.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 8:05:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
--------UPDATE-------------

Just finished my lower, didnt have the castle nut tool or torque wrench for the barrel. so i just got it pretty tight (not too tight though), with a wrench and duct tape, then locked in place with a punch and hammer.
Waiting on my ALG rail, so i can finish the upper. I bought a BA hanson mid length, with pinned gas block. So looks like i get to skip that step. :)
Bought some magpul mbus pros
Dont have a torque wrench still, Im wandering if im careful if i can just put the barrel on without one, let me here your thoughts.
Im in about $1100 so far with everything, including mag and some ammo. Where i spent the money was on the rail, barrel, and sights. I could have done it cheaper, but i wanted to only cry once.
tell me wht yall guys think, and any insight would be awesome.
Also, thanks for all the people helping me get this started a few days ago!!!

PS. im only rocking the mil-spec trigger, is it any good. I might switch it out someday, if i can get thos pins out.
View Quote
Get the Larue mbt for 87 bucks, best deal running by a long shot.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 1:22:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Larue MBT noted, thanks everyone, Ill get that torque wrench as well. Ill post some pics when im done, or might have some more questions.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 2:03:56 AM EDT
[#11]
And down the rabbit hole you go.  Soon you'll want a pistol or SBR. then it'll be a long range AR. And did I mention suppressors? Or larger calibers?
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#12]
trust me man I know, but you know what. As crazy as this old world and country is getting. Firearms, along with food is one of the few places where I don't feel guilty spending money. Im worried im becoming paranoid lol....
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top