Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/9/2017 6:34:05 PM EDT
I moved from CA to a free state and am removing all my bullet buttons.  Most came out with the little two prong tool that screws out the insert, a couple used a screwdriver.  I have one that came on the gun when I bought it, and the dealer is out of business so I have no idea what brand it is but the tool doesn't work.  It doesn't look any different than the others but is anyone aware of a different tool?  I'm at a loss.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 7:08:41 PM EDT
[#1]
It might have loctite on it. Have you tried heating it up with a torch?
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 3:43:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Pretty much that.   They all screw in, so they should screw out.

And CONGRATS on getting out of this political fucktard hell hole.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 8:23:46 AM EDT
[#3]
OP are you saying that you can't find any notches to get a tool into the bullet button device for removal? Or is it that the usual tools are grabbing, but don't seem to be able to move it?

Totally unfamiliar with bullet buttons, myself, but is it possible to work the portion of the mag catch that actually protrudes into the magwell out far enough to unscrew that, and then free the rest of the Cali-weirdo stuff from the other side?
I assume if they were that easily removable, that California would have a stink fit over owners being able to return it to "normal" operation. I am also aware enough of the ignorance of politicians and bureaucrats to believe this may have been overlooked and still be possible.

Quoted:
View Quote
That or rockset - which is extremely heat resistant and has it's uses on some parts of firearms. Sadly, those parts are far forward of the receiver, but this inspires some back yard armorers (which may potentially apply to an out of business dealer from Cali?) to feel the need to slather it everywhere on a firearm. I pray for you, that this isn't the case.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 1:06:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like its just rocksetted on, explains why it wont move.  I guess I'll just drill out the endcap and buy and new part.  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sounds like its just rocksetted on, explains why it wont move.  I guess I'll just drill out the endcap and buy and new part.  Thanks
View Quote
California strikes again?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top