Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/8/2017 9:26:38 PM EDT
I'm wondering if I should be concerned about old AR10 lowers (the US made semi-auto ones) that might have had a LPK installed by someone, then maybe later the parts were removed, and so forth. It seems to me the holes for the hammer and trigger pins could widen and the gap for the bolt catch could widen as well. And maybe other stuff. Anyone ever encounter something like this? Is there cause for concern? What might be some fixes?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 9:35:19 PM EDT
[#1]
installing and removing them shouldn't do anything as long as Bubba hasn't gotten a hold of it. Typically you only see issues with trigger/hammer pin holes on guns that have seen lots of full auto or 9mm.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 10:23:00 PM EDT
[#2]
The only issue is the bolt catch area.  Your US made lowers are of a sofer aluminum thatn the originals and the bolt catch pocket will stretch over time.  You have probably noticed a sloppy bolt catch on one of your several AR10s.  Eventually a chunk of aluminum may break off entirely from the lower.  The good news is that the softer aluminum is easily welded.  Stef and other Dutchmen will advide you to never let the bolt catch stop the bolt (use a duummy on the mag bottom).
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 7:44:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Topic Moved
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top