Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2017 1:12:45 AM EDT
I don't know what differentiates an assembly from a build but it does not matter, new AR coming soon. Have always done nothing but budget builds but some bitcoin earnings caused me to splurge on higher quality parts that I would normally buy. Kind of figured out what I like from numerous budget builds and combining it all for a bit of a frankenstein KISS build. Only thing I have no idea on yet is a 2 point sling, suggestions welcome. Excited to use a A1 stock as I usually put A2 on my ARs. Pictures and thoughts coming in a week or two.

BCM 16" M4 Upper Receiver Group
BCM BCG
BCM M4 Double Shield Handguards
BCM Small Latch Charging Handle
BCM Carry Handle
BCM Mod 0 Compensator
Wilson Combat Lower
Wilson Combat LPK
Wilson Combat Single Stage 5.5lb trigger
Bastion Gear Trigger Guard
Troy Enhanced Battle Ax CBQ Grip
Brownells A1 Retro Stock
Colt Buffer Tube System
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 2:43:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool. Next time you splurge you should get a free floating m lok rail, and a Geissle SSA-E trigger.

Oh... I missed the KISS part.

Looks like a good build. Post some pics.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 3:29:38 AM EDT
[#2]
The build went well. As soon as it was assembled it was smooth as butter manually cycling it. Definitely not something I am used to. A little note on the Bastion trigger guard, the allen key it was shipped with was about 2x too big for the provided screws. No big deal but I thought it was kind of funny. The Wilson Combat TTU MIL/LE 5-5.75lb trigger is fantastic. I don't have a scale but I would guess closer to 5lb if not slightly less. All the Colt parts came in bags with Brownells labels but were marked "Colt mfg" which I thought was kind of weird. Fit and finish on everything is perfect. Put 20 rounds through it in the yard, feeling really good. Hope to take it to the range soon and will report back.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top