Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/28/2017 3:22:46 AM EDT
I notice that factory Glock slides have a serial number on it, and the barrel has a matching number.

Is it a good idea if you're doing a Polymer80 PF940 frame to stamp the SAME number that you see on the slide? Presumably there is a factory Glock frame out there somewhere with that serial number so no telling where that one ends up...
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 8:28:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't put a serial number on a Polymer80 frame.

But, if one felt the need to, it's not a "Glock" manufactured frame, so the make, model, cal, serial, city/state combination will certainly be different than the Glock frame with that serial number.

I'm sure somewhere out there are plenty of like firearms by different manufacturers with the same serial numbers.

ETA:  Much of the manufacturers cater to California laws and regulations.  I think they are required to add serial numbers to "Home built firearms"
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#2]
The newer Polymer80 (PF940v2) frame has a metal strip where you can add a serial number to it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 11:10:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I notice that factory Glock slides have a serial number on it, and the barrel has a matching number.

Is it a good idea if you're doing a Polymer80 PF940 frame to stamp the SAME number that you see on the slide? Presumably there is a factory Glock frame out there somewhere with that serial number so no telling where that one ends up...
View Quote
Since the slide isn't the firearm, I'd say it would be better to get some custom millwork done on it and remove the glock serial number.  A homebuilt firearm doesn't require a serial number either.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 11:39:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Many states have laws stating its illegal to remove ANY serial number.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since the slide isn't the firearm, I'd say it would be better to get some custom millwork done on it and remove the glock serial number.  A homebuilt firearm doesn't require a serial number either.
Many states have laws stating its illegal to remove ANY serial number.
I wouldn't remove it.  The BATF only cares about what is on the frame.  I've read other countries consider the upper receiver or slide to be the serialized part, which might be why Glock places numbers in both locations.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top