Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2017 2:09:26 AM EDT
I've been looking at the Modulus Arms HD Jig. However, it's not in their website for purchase and multiple email inquiries to them have been unanswered. Anybody know what's going on with them?
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 2:46:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've been looking at the Modulus Arms HD Jig. However, it's not in their website for purchase and multiple email inquiries to them have been unanswered. Anybody know what's going on with them?
View Quote

What happened when you called them ??

_
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 12:41:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like they are out of them right now, I believe Right to Bear had them listed on their website the other day.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 1:24:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:07:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Well crap.
What happened to them?
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:20:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw that Friday as well. In for details
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope Modulus is still O.K.,  I've heard that due to the concerns over legislation changes in California and elsewhere that the entire 80% market has been suffering.  It is unforunate because in my experience Modulus's jigs were top notch and the company really provided excellent customer service.  I think another issue is that the 80% market now has a lot of competition, with 80% Arms coming out with a steel version of their jigs and new players like 5D I am sure the competition is fierce.  And in terms of the lower blanks...  There are tons of offerings on the market, and a lot of them are being offered at rock bottom prices.  I can't imagine there is a lot of profit in a $39 lower.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What happened when you called them ??

_
View Quote
I haven't been compelled to call them yet. Just email. Again still no response. I've also posted on threads they started both here and in another forum...also, no response.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:09:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I haven't been compelled to call them yet. Just email. Again still no response. I've also posted on threads they started both here and in another forum...also, no response.
View Quote
If you really want one, there has been a few of them listed in the EE section this last month, they are good jigs, I have both the 5D and the Modulus and I prefer the Modulus, but people have to understand the gun business is a moving target and things change day to day.

I hope they have not left the business, they make a damn good product.  But with all the crap that goes on, you just never know.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I've always appreciated the innovation that Modulus brought the 80% market but I don't think their products made it far enough into the mainstream.
Their jigs are very popular here on the forum but if you Google "80% Jig"- Modulus does not even come up (and I looked at 10 pages of search results).
Also- Modulus did not seem to focus too much on reselling their product through vendors.  Facebook page has not been updated since 2014.....?

I don't want to pretend I know anything about marketing but if very well could have been their downfall.
It seems that a variety of things could have hurt them but I don't think it is from lack of demand.
80% Arms is backed up 3 weeks on their new steel AR15/AR10 jig and 2 weeks on their AR9/AR15 jig.

They were very active here on the forum (Maxxx93 was his username I think?) and had excellent customer service as Software Janitor has pointed out.
It would be sad to see them go....
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought their previous jig 2 years ago. Unfortunately, my storage unit was broken in to and that was one of the items that were stolen. I saw a mention of their new HD jig in a Google search which piqued my interest. Anyway, I got impatient and ordered the 80% Arms new Easy Jig Gen2 Multiplatform.  Now I have to wait 3 weeks for it. :p

Yes, I've also noticed their un-updated Facebook page.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:16:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 11:25:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I placed an order for some lowers from them in the middle of November. After a couple of weeks I had not received a shipping notification, so I e-mailed them.
Two days later I got an e-mail stating that they were not accepting any new orders after the end of October and I should be receiving a refund shortly.

Quote "No orders will be accepted for any parts including; jigs, jig replacement parts, lower receivers or any other parts for any reason without exception"

"We appologize for any inconvenience this may cause"

Regards,

Modulus Arms

So, It would appear that they are done.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, it sucks that they aren't even going to support prior customers with replacement parts.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 8:28:17 AM EDT
[#15]
I think Modulus Arms is now 5D Tactical.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Pretty sure that’s not correct.

Modulus Arms was out of New York

5D Tactical is out of Massachusetts

In addition, 5D Tactical showed up while Modulus Arms was still operational. 5D Tactical created an account on October 21, 2016. Modulus Arms (Maxxx93) was last here on July 14, 2017.

There is no doubt in my mind they are NOT related in any way.

Also, there is do doubt in my mind that because of 5D Tactical’s innovations, Modulus is gone. I have a Modulus Jig gathering dust.

There will be other Jig manufacturers that will disappear because of the new 5D Tactical PRO Jig. I frankly don’t see how anyone will be able to compete against it.

The 5D Tactical PRO Jig is truly a “Game Changer”!
View Quote
Eventually someone else will come along with a better idea.  Look at how 80% jigs have evolved over the last 15 years or so...  Think it is done yet?  I doubt it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 10:18:47 AM EDT
[#18]
I cannot say that I am surprised that Modulus Arms is out.

My experience with their customer service had been less than stellar.  I had a few issues with their products
and basically got a bunch of excuses and runaround when I tried to get replacement parts.  They had a "customer
is always wrong" type of attitude toward me.

I guess you can only treat customers like shit for so long it seems.

Good riddance to them, far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 11:39:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I cannot say that I am surprised that Modulus Arms is out.

My experience with their customer service had been less than stellar.  I had a few issues with their products
and basically got a bunch of excuses and runaround when I tried to get replacement parts.  They had a "customer
is always wrong" type of attitude toward me.

I guess you can only treat customers like shit for so long it seems.

Good riddance to them, far as I'm concerned.
View Quote
That was not my experience at all. Maxx was always quick to answer and polite.  I spoke to him on the phone, by text and by email when I was doing my first lower. I am disappointed that we cannot buy replacement parts when needed.  That is the only complaint I have with them.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 5:38:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Same here. Maxx was extremely helpful when my Modulus jig arrived with two left plates.
As soon as I sent him a pic, he had a right side plate in the mail.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Same here. Maxx was extremely helpful when my Modulus jig arrived with two left plates.
As soon as I sent him a pic, he had a right side plate in the mail.
View Quote
All of my interactions with Maxx were also pleasant.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top