Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2017 3:46:36 PM EDT
Finally getting around to a project I've been avoiding for a few years. I have a Del-Ton Dissipator barrel with rifle length gas.
 I was curious if anyone has tried running a Krinkov style muzzle device in order to make up for the dwell time issues?
I guess mine will be more like psuedo-dissy with a low profile gas block and free-floated hand guards. Doing this for ease of access to gas port. Easier than removing FSB constantly if needed for tuning. Any input or ideas would be awesome. Before anyone jumps in and tells me to do a search, I did. Lots of pictures.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#1]
will post more when I get home.
I have the same barrel. Zero issues with reliability.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 6:41:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I've done 2 dissy builds with cut down rifle barrels. With gas ports drilled to .110 there has been zero problems.
Both of mine had standard carbine buffers and springs.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#3]
What BCG and buffer weight? Was going to run A2 stock with rifle buffer and full auto BCG.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Delton rife gs dissy
Rifle buffer/tube in an ACE skeleton stock
Aero BCG (normal nothing special)

Runs like a top. Wolf gold to some IMI OTM 77gr
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Now, that looks great! Any issues with weight towards the front end?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:48:51 PM EDT
[#6]
It is a liiiitle front heavy. I plan to eventually get it sent off to ADCO to get re-profiled. Til then, it does just fine.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:34:27 PM EDT
[#7]
16" RLGS even with .094" gas port runs fine for me.

Runs with M193, 75gr PPU BTHP, never malfunctioned on me yet.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top