Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/6/2017 5:44:52 PM EDT
I'm looking for a pair of inexpensive (not cheap) build AR15 kits. I'm staying away from Team Delta Tactical and Davidson Defense (I'm pretty sure they're the same company?).

I'm currently looking at Del-Ton, as I understand their stuff is solid.

Is there anyone else I should be looking at?
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never had any problem with Del ton, have a couple of them and they run just fine.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#2]
What about a complete upper and a complete lower from PSA. For around $400 (usually) you could have a complete AR, ($370 total for a slab side AR) and not have the bother of putting it together.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm looking for a pair of inexpensive (not cheap) build AR15 kits. I'm staying away from Team Delta Tactical and Davidson Defense (I'm pretty sure they're the same company?).

I'm currently looking at Del-Ton, as I understand their stuff is solid.

Is there anyone else I should be looking at?
View Quote

Let me ask....

Have you checked all the vendors in the vendors forum and the ads at the top/bottom of the page ???

Have you checked the companies that are consistently mentioned in threads in the AR15 discussion, ar15 basics, and the ar15 build it yourself ??

Have you checked the internet using google and bing ??

There are a ton of resources out there if you look around a little.

_
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 10:37:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Delton, Palmetto, and BCM have a great price to quality ratio.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 10:55:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes- Look at these 

Windham Kits

If I had money in the bank I'd be ordering a couple of those.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I used a Delton rifle kit and the gun is fine, no problems what so ever.

Have also assembled three Palmetto rifle kits, one a dissipator was a little tight and would only cycle on warmer 5.56 rounds for the first 200 to 300 rounds but will work just fine on any of the less expensive 223 ammo now. Had to break in I guess.

The only gun that I have owned and had any issues is a Complete Colt I purchased new. With failure to eject due to a rough chamber. I had to polish the chamber with fritz on a drill and now is 100%.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 11:40:28 AM EDT
[#7]
PDA, CMMG (there's is all nice and color coded), BCM, Anderson, S&W
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Let me ask....

Have you checked all the vendors in the vendors forum and the ads at the top/bottom of the page ???

Have you checked the companies that are consistently mentioned in threads in the AR15 discussion, ar15 basics, and the ar15 build it yourself ??

Have you checked the internet using google and bing ??

There are a ton of resources out there if you look around a little.

_
View Quote
Yes.

Link Posted: 10/10/2017 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#9]
DT GTG
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 9:44:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Most of my stuff is PSA. Just stay away from the Ptac junk.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:35:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yes- Look at these 

Windham Kits

View Quote
Wow. For the price increase over the same from PSA I hope they ship ammo and mags with those kits.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:38:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 1:44:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I have plenty of PSA premium stuff and one PTAC. Ive beat the shit out of it and it still works. Eats anything.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:15:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Check out www.dsgarms.com

Their kits are top notch and the uppers have choices of bcm, DD and other high quality rails. There is much discussion the barrels are ballistic advantage made.  A little more than PSA, but it's made with quality parts.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 6:42:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wow. For the price increase over the same from PSA I hope they ship ammo and mags with those kits.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes- Look at these 

Windham Kits

Windham is known for their exceptional quality and I'd guess they do a lot less volume than PSA- hence the higher prices.
Nobody doubts that PSA's prices are sometimes unbeatable- $59.99 for a Nitride FA BCG? WOW (ETA: kinda dumb to post that link, OOS already)
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 1:34:32 PM EDT
[#16]
No complaints here about quality or function from DelTon.  I did bought a dissipator kit from them (actually from MidwayUSA) without looking at details and didn't observe it was an HBAR under the handguards.  

Moral of the story is they carry a variety of barrel twists and barrel contours, be sure to get what you want.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top