Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2017 7:24:37 AM EDT
I am looking to replace out my Midwest Industries rail I bought 5 years ago, and I stumbled upon this rail. Which rail is this?? And are there others similar to it?

Link Posted: 9/30/2017 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out Brigand Arms' woven carbon fiber item.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 10:19:11 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah that's not practical for me. This isn't going to be a super lightweight build, just one to shave off some weight. It's still going to be my SHTF gun.

Does anyone know what rail is on the rifle in the picture?
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 10:50:55 AM EDT
[#3]
V7 Weapons just realized some real light ones.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:48:14 AM EDT
[#4]
My personal preference is SLR rails.  You can find a variety of styles, lengths and some of the lightest in the industry.  Quality is top notch, but on the spendy side.  Check them out before you zero in on a choice.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#5]
GunTec
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 2:55:44 PM EDT
[#6]
ALG EMR V2 best rail I've handled.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 2:58:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Last I heard, the BCM KMRs (not the Alphas but the original magnesium ones) are still the lightest. They get super hot under sustained fire though.

BCM KMR15 = 8.1oz, which includes the barrel nut.  Crazy light for a 15" handguard.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Last I heard, the BCM KMRs (not the Alphas but the original magnesium ones) are still the lightest. They get super hot under sustained fire though.

BCM KMR15 = 8.1oz, which includes the barrel nut.  Crazy light for a 15" handguard.
View Quote
BCM KMR is the lightest high quality rail.
The original 15" KMR weighs in at only 5.6oz, extremely lightweight and strong. The KMR-A comes in a little heavier @ 8.6oz but it's a heavier material. That rail itself is still considered light, just a little heavier than a complete KMR setup including hardware. Both very strong, durable rail/handguards made by a proven high quality manufacturer.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 7:21:56 PM EDT
[#9]
V7 just released magnesium alloy rails that are lighter than the KMR.

The rail pictured in the OP is Falkor Defense.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 10:04:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
V7 just released magnesium alloy rails that are lighter than the KMR.

The rail pictured in the OP is Falkor Defense.
View Quote
Sweet, innovation continues!
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought everyone knew about this already, guess not.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I6Qb6kAJjChEJ56qhznv2291c5UHRDyNXuSXGObumqM/htmlview#
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 10:38:13 PM EDT
[#12]
What gas block location?

Daniel Defense has a picatinny quad rail that is only 7.6 ounces, the same as OEM two piece hand guards, works with the standard barrel nut.  It is a drop in free float.  You use the stock barrel nut and D-ring.  Very strong.  It is 7" and requires carbine length gas port location.

If you want to mount picatinny accessories and are looking at Keymod or M-Loc type rails, you will need to add mini rails to Keymod or M-Loc to use picatinny accessories.  You will need to add the weight of those mini rails to make valid comparisons.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:59:39 PM EDT
[#13]
SLR. I have the Helix ultralight on my lightweight build.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top