User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#1]
They're 3D printed.  And two parts, as I suspected, so we'll have to epoxy them together.  jaqufrost, still waiting on the jigs.  You still want the tan one, or do you want to mix & match?
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 11:34:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not too picky
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#3]
And nao - Pistol Lyndon:

Attachment Attached File

I'm going to try just modifying the grip on one of these, instead of the jig itself.  The other jig will go to jaqufrost.

Here's the question - some have already opined on it in the other thread - if we don't modify the jig, when it is disconnected from the upper, is the jig still a firearm?
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Whittling done w/ Fatalwishes' Gerber and my mini-KaBar.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

No modification to the trigger jig required.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 8:49:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Gluing, however, is required, as we must get from this:

Attachment Attached File

to this:

Attachment Attached File

So - what glue?  I'm not sure finest Chinese People's Army Factory #87 super glue is going to hold it, particularly under recoil.  I'm tempted to throw some self-tapping sheet metal screws in there on the sides.

Gorilla?  2-part epoxy?  Or melt the parts together w/ acetone?

The amusing bit is we don't have to glue the buffer tube in - it's held in place w/ spring pressure against a simple castle nut.  You don't even need the lock plate.

ETA:  jaqufrost, will have to ship your stuff shortly, got wrapped up in an oil change, then wandered around Bass Pro and then this new shooting range that just opened.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 9:56:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Why not pin it with roll pins?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:14:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  Why not pin it with roll pins?
View Quote
That would make it look nice and professional.  I'll let you do that.

The last time I tried to install a roll pin I had to take the lower to GWACS and pay for the warranty.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:43:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I may bend a trigger guard for it as well.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:  I may bend a trigger guard for it as well.
View Quote
That would be wise.  I'm thinking of getting a grip of shame to do a single shot .22" with.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:16:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 3:56:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Tagging
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 11:01:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:  https://www.greenswamptactical.com/collections/firearms/products/generic-fire-control-group

Chop off the front and we're in business.

You could cut a slot in the front for ejection, and then make you an extension that tied into the front lugs.

That's a damn good find.  Thanks.
View Quote
Ordered.  Thanks @buckmeister
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Amazing ingenuity!

I had been wondering what a Hera Stock would look like on a AR57 upper. Want to go that way myself. Call it the "euro trash"
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the compliment.

Just got an HK USC lower in.  It's very curiously AR like.  Might have to buy a magazine next.

ETA:  A stock AR trigger jig looks like it will fit in the USC lower magwell, so there's likely a way around expensive HK type fire control bits.  But it looks like the only mag available for the USC is the 10 round (single stack?) .45" ACP.  Looks like I got the wrong lower.  Well, looking @ prices, maybe not.  Maybe this is a somewhat easy way to add a pistol caliber magwell to the Lyndon - but it would still require something of a trigger jig (maybe a cheap plastic one) and a new type of Feinstein stock.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:13:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Double stack Glock mags won't fit in the USC magwell.  S&W 59 mags do, however.  Don't know they can feed from that angle.  Maybe STEN mags?

ETA:  Think I'm barking up the wrong tree w/ the USC lower, but the USC lower, next to a $18 EP Armory 80% plastic lower, gave me an idea.  I can chop off a magwell from an EP Armory lower easier than I can mill one out.

I can cast a magwell even more cheaply - and I can sell magwells.  I think the long term route for the Feinstein Project is as follows:

1 - thumbhole stock of bricks for less than the Hera Arms CQB.
2 - a chassis for an existing trigger jig - not the current animal, as the California boys who designed it didn't leave room for a standard magwell.  Preferably a cheap plastic jig that also ships with triggers, like the Ruger or LaRue.  The Strike Industries, much as I despise their font, might work here.
3 - production of inexpensive plastic magwells in the Freedom-15 mold, for sale.  Alternatively, chop up an EP Armory lower.

When I get the new FCS module in, I'll plunk that into the pistol Lyndon and test it.  The USC lower is intriguing, b/c it's cheap, and it would be fun to marry one up to an AR-45 upper.  But unless you really futz w/ the magwell, you've only got a 10 round mag, and it would probably best work w/ an Olympic .45" ACP upper, as the ejector would be in the upper.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 9:36:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Found This:

http://www.kearms.com/trigger-test-block
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 9:58:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Sexy.  We'd have to drill the rear takedown pin hole though.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top