Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2017 8:09:05 PM EDT
Im currently building my own AR-15. Im going for a basic 556 build in Carbine length. Ive built off of a 80% lower already, and am going to continue building now with the upper reciever. Im gonna get a stripped one and figure it out from there (hopefully), but im curious as to what are good stripped uppers on the market or if its similar to a stripped lower, and really does not matter too much? Thank you tons
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:10:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Uppers don't matter too much, just buy from a good brand like BCM, Colt, Aero, or even Anderson.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#2]
This is what you seek...

GTG for $44.95
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:08:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is what you seek...

GTG for $44.95
View Quote
That is a good buy, I have bought quite a few of their lowers and uppers and never had a complaint.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:24:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I would also buy that upper from RTB.  Awesome deal.  

For one more option, if you want a more main stream, highly regarded brand, RTB has the Aero Precision assembled upper on sale for $52 - also a great deal.

https://www.righttobear.com/Aero-Precision-Assembled-AR-15-Upper-Receiver-with-p/apar501603a.htm
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:29:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Oops!  OP wants a stripped upper.

So buy the Aero Precision stripped upper from RTB for $50 then add a $17 dollar upper parts kit.  

https://www.righttobear.com/Aero-Precision-Stripped-AR-15-Upper-Receiver-p/ap501603.htm

I would buy one of the completed uppers above.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:10:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I took the OP's description of a "stripped upper" as one without major components, not completely stripped but I could be wrong. Besides who would buy a stripped upper when you have a deal like that? Like DaveP1, I too have purchased lots of uppers and lowers from RTB and have not one complaint. RTB is a great company and knows how to bring value to the table.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:20:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I just get what ever is on sale or cheap, they dont have to be super nice.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 1:58:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Im currently building my own AR-15. Im going for a basic 556 build in Carbine length. Ive built off of a 80% lower already, and am going to continue building now with the upper reciever. Im gonna get a stripped one and figure it out from there (hopefully), but im curious as to what are good stripped uppers on the market or if its similar to a stripped lower, and really does not matter too much? Thank you tons
View Quote

Get a 603 upper and make an XM177E2.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top