Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2017 3:04:55 PM EDT
Was wandering around and stopped at Cabela's local store, who never seem to have anything in stock and they actually had stripped Anderson lowers in stock, for the same price everybody else is asking for them, I almost passed out!
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#1]
$30 to $40?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 3:18:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$30 to $40?
View Quote
With the coupons I have, they will come out to about $32 each and if I decide to use my accumulated Cabela's rewards, then I am down to them owing me money.  So I will walk out the door with no real money out of my pocket.  If you are not a Cabela's club member, it does pay off every once in a while.

The only reason for me to get them, I don't have time to finish the 80% lowers I need to machine, makes for a quick way to get lowers for the darn orphaned uppers I have.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought 2 last year when they were sold online for $49.99.  I used the $80 for $100 gift card deal and they came out to around $44 each after tax.  After spending 2 hours waiting to get through the background check I decided buying any more firearms at Cabelas is not worth the effort.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:40:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I bought 2 last year when they were sold online for $49.99.  I used the $80 for $100 gift card deal and they came out to around $44 each after tax.  After spending 2 hours waiting to get through the background check I decided buying any more firearms at Cabelas is not worth the effort.
View Quote
Took my wife, who these are for 5 minutes, BG was done and she was looking for me because I was looking a reloading stuff!
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 11:33:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Meh.  The cabela's here has their own custom computer software that fills out the 4473 that asks you 1 question at a time all on different screens on the computer.  The gun counter guys are dumber than a screen door on a submarine.  The combination of the dumb software and the dumb employees makes the process take 2 hours.  Down the street, I get guns transferred in 3 minutes in and out.  With cabela's taking 2 hours longer, they have to save my ass a hundred bucks before its even worth my time.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 11:41:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Meh.  The cabela's here has their own custom computer software that fills out the 4473 that asks you 1 question at a time all on different screens on the computer.  The gun counter guys are dumber than a screen door on a submarine.  The combination of the dumb software and the dumb employees makes the process take 2 hours.  Down the street, I get guns transferred in 3 minutes in and out.  With cabela's taking 2 hours longer, they have to save my ass a hundred bucks before its even worth my time.
View Quote
Interesting, it takes me 10 days, and 2 hours to get my guns home.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 12:52:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't know, the person that checked my wife out this evening, was great SHE thought it was fantastic that my wife is into AR's and gave her kid glove hands getting through the process and my wife told her how nice she was, and got her out of the door and 10 minutes later, we were sitting at Applebee's drinking beer with dinner ordered.

Perhaps you need to reevaluate your attitude.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 7:49:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Perhaps you need to reevaluate your attitude.
View Quote
Do you think my attitude has anything to do with the borderline retards they have working at the store or their terrible system?  My attitude was great when I got there.  I was excited to pick up some guns.  Who wouldn't be in a good mood?  You weren't there at the store and didn't have to deal with tweedle D and tweedle dumbass with me.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 8:08:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Do you think my attitude has anything to do with the borderline retards they have working at the store or their terrible system?  My attitude was great when I got there.  I was excited to pick up some guns.  Who wouldn't be in a good mood?  You weren't there at the store and didn't have to deal with tweedle D and tweedle dumbass with me.
View Quote
The only thing retarded here is a GD thread stuck in a tech forum. 
Mods?.......
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The only thing retarded here is a GD thread stuck in a tech forum. 
Mods?.......
View Quote
Well starting out, letting others know about parts for building guns, belongs in tech, but now it problem needs to be moved.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top