Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2017 11:01:43 AM EDT
Ok, putting together a PSA lower parts kit on an Aero Precision gen 2 lower and everything is smooth as silk until the safety select detent goes in. Every other detent I've ever had for the selector drops in and out without even toughing the sides almost. This one has actually is really tight. I can drop it 1/2 way in before it has enough friction to stop moving on its own, and the weight of the pistol grip spring pushes it all the way in. I had the pistol grip locked down and it functioned fine under tension, but I was wondering if that slightly tight detent is going to cause a problem later on... I'm 95% sure it's the detent itself as I had another Aero lower lying around and it won't drop into that lower as well (unless I have two random out of spec lowers or something)....
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#1]
If I had easy access to my small parts I'd send you another to try.

Did you oil it? If not add a drop of oil and keep an eye on it. Cycle it a lot to wear it in.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Friend of mine had a similar problem but it was the bolt catch plunger.
They have from time to time let out of spec parts slip by them.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I had easy access to my small parts I'd send you another to try.

Did you oil it? If not add a drop of oil and keep an eye on it. Cycle it a lot to wear it in.
View Quote
yeah, tried oiling and it didn't really do much good. It DEFINITELY is the detent, I pulled one from my LE6920 and it slipped right in.... I'll just have to contact PSA and tell them I need a spare (they did it for one of my other parts kits that I had a damaged spring from the butt stock crushing it.

we have a place in town that MIGHT have some spare parts. I'm going to give them a call and see if they have any in stock
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#4]
AR-15 EASILY LOST OR DAMAGED PARTS SET
CNC machined Mil Spec, Steel, Hardened and Plated
Made in the USA by Xtreme Precision LLC
UPC: 619159946086
$21.99 10% off & Free Shipping Sale $19.79
Get 10% OFF Coupon Code: promo10%off

Product Description
Includes:
2 Buffer Retainer w/spring
2 Safety Detent w/spring
4 Pivot/Takedown Detent w/spring
Firing Pin Retainer
Early Style Firing Pin Retainer
2 Extractor Pins
2 Extractor Spring w/insert and o-ring
2 Ejector w/spring and roll pin
2 Bolt Catch Plunger w/spring and roll pin
6 Bolt Gas Ring
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I really should get that. we have a place in town that sells it, if I'm going to build as many AR's as I have been doing recently then it might be handy. I lost a front pivot spring today when it launched into oblivion. I just lucked out that whoever made my build kit put in 3 detents and 3 springs for the pivot and taken down pin bag lol.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:25:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AR-15 EASILY LOST OR DAMAGED PARTS SET
CNC machined Mil Spec, Steel, Hardened and Plated
Made in the USA by Xtreme Precision LLC
UPC: 619159946086
$21.99 10% off & Free Shipping Sale $19.79
Get 10% OFF Coupon Code: promo10%off

Product Description
Includes:
2 Buffer Retainer w/spring
2 Safety Detent w/spring
4 Pivot/Takedown Detent w/spring
Firing Pin Retainer
Early Style Firing Pin Retainer
2 Extractor Pins
2 Extractor Spring w/insert and o-ring
2 Ejector w/spring and roll pin
2 Bolt Catch Plunger w/spring and roll pin
6 Bolt Gas Ring
https://gun.deals/sites/default/files/0fb50c65f11c4c44f416c709b095cd5e_1.jpg
View Quote
Have bought from them and parts are GTG. They shipped fast, too.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:37:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I buy detents and springs 10 at a time from a guy on ebay, so I have them when I launch one.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had to clean out those holes with a drill bit before. Probably just a rough spot or debris.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 2:30:04 PM EDT
[#9]
crisis averted. found a local gun shop who sells detents and springs dirt cheap. got a detent for $0.95 and it drops in like butter.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 5:33:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I would email PSA. Their calling lines are long as hell
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top