Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 6:31:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I like it, especially the color of the metal. Gears? Put a big brass bolt logo on the magazine area?

And maybe just paint an ACOG clone Brass color and put fake ribs around it to resemble a telescope.

I like the idea of replicating the bolt in brass and some how incorporating it in there.  

Not so much on board with the acog, gotta go with a pirate telescope.
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 9:28:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I need one of those dpms tin bcgs and trigger. My idea for the stock isn't going to work. Still have a brass buttplate though. I do like the featureless stock. The only thing I don't like is that it makes the rifle look like a keltec instead of an ar. I have another idea for the stock as well it would incorporate wood, brass, and gears. Something like this

Link Posted: 6/2/2013 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok here is where Im currently at.  Screws have to be cut shorter and some cases swapped for brass. A lot more to do but here are a few shots of where we are at.

Link Posted: 6/2/2013 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#4]
WOW!! That is cool! Are you gonna make it actually shoot?
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude, I've been watching this sine your first post. EASILY the coolest build I've seen on here since I was a lurker in 2003. I'm very tempted to grab a bunch of my parts out of the parts bin and FedEx them to you in order for you to build me one too
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#6]
That build is missing something critical, a little metal cup at the muzzle -for cat treats!
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Mikhail, it's been fun so far. Wonder if therer is a market for big boy toys like this?

RK it should function like a normal AR, the real test will be to see how the cosmetic stuff takes the bullet shock. I plan on soldering the brass fittings and anything that may unscrew.

It is surprisingly lighter than it appears.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I confess I havent read every post, just looked at all the pictures... looks amazing.  

Do you have plans on drilling a secondary gas port (maybe further towards the front past the main one) and hooking that up to a gauge so it actually moves with firing?  That would be awesome, although where to have the gas expel might be an issue.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#9]
That is looking great! I am worried about the gear sticking into the trigger area. Even though an AR doesn't recoil much, it could cut you.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Wasnt planning on tampering with the gas, but that would be cool. The gear doesn't come close to a right handed shooter. On the right side I went with a smaller gear that doesn't rub the index finger at all. Now if you have some really think fingers it could possibly rub but it may be something that would be readdressed after test firing. Which I'm sure there will be multiple tweaks needed after the first test run. Can't wait to get her fully assembled n to the range.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I will say that is different and damn cool. Should have an air line (hard line), going from the paintball tank to the buffer tube, then bent the hard airline in the shape of a buttstock.

Would love to see a shooting video.
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 7:01:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Love this. Love it. Awesome. Very creative. Inspiring!!!

I want to do one now.
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 9:13:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Maybe you could make something with this.   Or maybe use it for ideas. I like the look of the rifle and definitely want to see it work.

Take that stock and have it Hydrodiped in a wood grain. Take some copper or brass and connect them together at a few points on the side.

Link Posted: 6/4/2013 9:29:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Wow!!! I want one
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#15]
This is an amazing original idea and I absolutely love it.  Reminds me of something out of Bioshock.  Keep up the great work and more steampunk gun pictures!
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 9:44:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Who ever said leather wrap the pistol grip is on to something. The A2 grip just isn't cutting it for such a cool build.
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#17]
For the magazine, you could get cut an old brass flask and insert a 20 round mag into it and just use some glue to hold it in place. Then you could run a couple copper tubes around it and maybe a gauge. That could look really cool. Something similar to this could look really cool.
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 12:12:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 12:39:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm going to be honest, the first time I saw this, I thought "wtf??"

Now that it's coming together, I think it's a really cool project. Good job!
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I really like stuff like this. It looks like a weapon from the Bioshock game.
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Great news on the trigger area. Maybe epoxy a cover over a mag to give it the "proper" image.
Link Posted: 6/5/2013 4:20:51 AM EDT
[#22]
The flask looks cool. Let me ponder on it. Here is a pic with trigger guard installed. I also have the skeleton grip that Im toying with creating a gear system inside the handle. I think it could look cool.
Link Posted: 6/5/2013 10:13:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The flask looks cool. Let me ponder on it. Here is a pic with trigger guard installed. I also have the skeleton grip that Im toying with creating a gear system inside the handle. I think it could look cool.
http://sirduke.weebly.com/uploads/4/5/6/7/4567719/2470636_orig.jpg

Gears, or maybe a small tank (empty c02 cartridge), and a lot of copper tubing?

Looks great- Nice job!

Link Posted: 6/5/2013 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://sirduke.weebly.com/uploads/4/5/6/7/4567719/2470636_orig.jpg

Gears, or maybe a small tank (empty c02 cartridge), and a lot of copper tubing?

Looks great- Nice job!

+1. Great idea!

Link Posted: 6/5/2013 12:11:59 PM EDT
[#25]
This thing is bad ass! I saw your first post and thought, wow what a cool and original idea. Every now and then I check on the progress. But man, now I'm just anxious to see how it turns out. Awesome!

ETA: you should try some sort of paper clip for the trigger guard.... hmmm or not.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 11:44:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Thanks for the words guys, we appreciate it. Gonna start on the stock and try and finish out the grip but we will see what time allows.
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 6:19:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Cool Build!!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top