Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 4/16/2012 2:42:10 PM EST
I'm trying to build up a service rifle lower receiver with a 2 stage trigger. The RRA one's are hopelessly sold out everywhere. I also need the lower parts kit. What do you recommend for a decent 2 stage trigger suitable for cmp rifles that's pretty affordable? I know you can get some great ones for around 200, but I'm thinking more like $100 for the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 3:01:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/16/2012 3:02:57 PM EST by RyanH]
Double tap
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 3:02:35 PM EST
It's starting to sound like a broken record around here but I have been pretty amazed by my Geissele triggers. I have a SSA and a SSA-E and I don't want to shoot any of my other rifles now. They are just awesome. A SSA can be had for $170 shipped if you look around. I got mine from AIM Surplus.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 3:41:49 PM EST
Check out WOA afa LPK...have you checked with Geissele on the Hi-speed?? Adco has SSA-e in stock.. Don't be afraid to look around and google is your friend.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 3:49:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/16/2012 3:52:34 PM EST by Direct-Drive]
The Armalite LPK can be combined with their 2-stage NM trigger..
Armalite LPK w/NM FCG
The Armalite LPK includes a unique bolt catch that many like
Armalite Tech Note #78

If you're military or LE I think you can get a discount at DSG
They are a very good vendor
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 3:51:57 PM EST
Originally Posted By keithsacane:
I'm trying to build up a service rifle lower receiver with a 2 stage trigger. The RRA one's are hopelessly sold out everywhere. I also need the lower parts kit. What do you recommend for a decent 2 stage trigger suitable for cmp rifles that's pretty affordable? I know you can get some great ones for around 200, but I'm thinking more like $100 for the trigger.

Great ones for $200? Where, and who made them?
CLE sells an excellent 2 stage. They don't sell them to vendors who will over charge you, for the product and then drop the MSRP and offer "Free Shipping"
http://www.compasslake.com/

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:58:37 PM EST
I would check USA Gold or Legal Transfers LLC in the EE. Both of those vendors move alot of RRA parts and you would be hard pressed to find a better shipped price. I got mine from adco about a month ago but they are out now.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 7:12:28 PM EST

Was I the only one that noticed this?
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 7:47:16 PM EST
Originally Posted By 458winmag:

Was I the only one that noticed this?

No.
I knew I was $45 over budget.

Link Posted: 4/17/2012 6:44:46 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/17/2012 6:45:23 AM EST by RandyStacyE]

Have you checked out all of these vendors?

Link Posted: 4/17/2012 5:18:30 PM EST
Thanks guys. I found a used RRA one for sale for under 100 that should do. All of the vendors I could find were out of stock with no idea how long it would be. RRA's website says that it has stopped filling orders for many parts until the buying surge subsides, and that might not be until after the election. I'm hoping to do a little service rifle shooting this summer. There are some on Gunbroker, but the prices are higher. I'm on a serious budget right now.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 6:20:04 PM EST
CDNN is selling their Jard trigger for $49. Have you looked at the Spikes Battle Trigger?
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 9:12:42 PM EST
The Jard trigger group CDNN is selling is the single stage model.

Not bad for fifty bucks. It is a little rough around the edges compared to some of the other triggers out there.

The one I got from CDNN had a burr on the hammer shelf. Bad omen. Stoned it down a bit, installed the trigger group and dry fired it. Creep! After a few more dry firings the remainder of the burr must have worn itself in and the creep disappeared. A very nice, light trigger pull. Probably around 4 to 5 pounds.

An inexpensive alternative to unsafe, unreliable do it yourself butchery, but probably not the match grade trigger pull you are looking for.
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 4:39:20 AM EST
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 4:42:34 AM EST
Joe Bob Outfitters just sent me a Sale Announcement today that said they had RRA NM two-stage on sale for around $95 with free shipping.

Here's a link:

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/RRA_Two_Stage_Match_Trigger_Kit_AR0093NMK_p/rra-ar0093nmk.htm

Joe Bob's is GTG, I get all my AR stuff from them. Super fast shipping.
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 4:53:11 AM EST
I just got CMMG 2-stage trigger for my LR-308 - havent' tried at the range yet, but like the feel of the break, a bit too heavy 2nd stage pull, but I think a little polish will fix it
Top Top