Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 3/19/2012 12:57:04 PM EDT
Well I am working on my first AR15 build. I thought it was about time since this election is looking........aweful. Here's what I have so far.

DPMS Complete Lower
CMT / STAG Upper
CMT Bolt Assembly
ERGO grip w/ Palm Shelf
Badger Ordnance Tactical Latch
LaRue 12" Tactical Handguard
LaRue Low-profile gas block
MagPul PRS stock

Waiting on Douglas 18" Stainless Steel SPR barrel w/ 1:8 twist, m4 ramps and matched bolt from Compass Lake Engineering and my tools from Bushmaster. More pics to follow in the coming weeks!

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s427/kbk323/2012-03-19_16-33-23_648.jpg
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 4:30:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 4:51:24 PM EDT
That's good to here. The remaining parts couldn't come any faster. I cannot wait to get it assembled and take it out to the range. I just wish we had some longer ranges by me.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 5:34:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 6:02:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/9/2012 6:02:29 PM EDT by kbkrejci3370]
Well I got my barrel from Compass Lake the other day, and as I ripped open the box with as much excitment as a kid on Christmas morning I noticed that the barrel is......threaded. Not at all what I was wanting. I recall placeing an order for an 18" Douglas Stainless Steel SPR profile barrel with m4 ramps and 1:8 twist and matched bolt. I never mentioned anything about it being threaded and with this being my first build ever, I somewhat assumed that SPR implied it being unthreaded. Noob mistake, but I have learned and will move on! I take this as a sign that someone just wants me to add a suppressor to this project when the funds come back around. For the time being does anyone recommend a good muzzle break/flash hider for under $100? And also, to fix this problem in the future do I just specify unthreaded? or something about pre/post ban?
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 6:42:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By kbkrejci3370:
Well I got my barrel from Compass Lake the other day, and as I ripped open the box with as much excitment as a kid on Christmas morning I noticed that the barrel is......threaded. Not at all what I was wanting. I recall placeing an order for an 18" Douglas Stainless Steel SPR profile barrel with m4 ramps and 1:8 twist and matched bolt. I never mentioned anything about it being threaded and with this being my first build ever, I somewhat assumed that SPR implied it being unthreaded. Noob mistake, but I have learned and will move on! I take this as a sign that someone just wants me to add a suppressor to this project when the funds come back around. For the time being does anyone recommend a good muzzle break/flash hider for under $100? And also, to fix this problem in the future do I just specify unthreaded? or something about pre/post ban?

I have a YHM Phantom 5c2 and I love it. Out of stock here but it's only about $20 and they have the fastest shipping and awesome customer service.

Good Luck,
Paul
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 6:45:44 PM EDT
looks like a great start
Top Top