Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2010 10:46:49 AM EDT
I am trying to remove this black aluminium trigger guard pin on this lmt lower...

The pin looks a lil mushed and i got this lower off of a trade, so i didnt do the work myself on it...

So I be trying to tap this thing out right to left.. or left to right?  

Any suggestions on a mushed pin?  Tips tricks?  Id really prefer NOT to bust the ears off this thing so I figured I should double check before i start banging away...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Are both ends smashed up?

I would take the roll pin punch to the side that isn't messed up, or the least messed up.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:52:46 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a straight roll pin. If one side is mushed, that's probably the side it was knocked in from, so knocking it out from the other side might be a little easier... It should come out either way though.

Support the trigger guard ears with a block of wood. Drill a hole though it, for the pin to be able to drop into, and hammer it out. It's that simple.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:17:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Be careful.  As stated above very carefully and solidly support the down-side of the receiver while pounding the guard pin out.  Failing to do so will result in a broken receiver.  Same thing going back together.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Fair enough,

After thinking a bit more on it ill wait until next week to do this, I want to order some new roll pins because i dont want to put back in this pin if its all mashed up...

Im just swapping trigger guards from 1 lower to another for color matching purposes :P

Thanks for the tips!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, be careful. I broke my mega lower installing one.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top