Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/10/2010 10:46:49 AM EDT
I am trying to remove this black aluminium trigger guard pin on this lmt lower...

The pin looks a lil mushed and i got this lower off of a trade, so i didnt do the work myself on it...

So I be trying to tap this thing out right to left.. or left to right?

Any suggestions on a mushed pin? Tips tricks? Id really prefer NOT to bust the ears off this thing so I figured I should double check before i start banging away...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:52:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2010 10:52:43 AM EDT by reign719]
Are both ends smashed up?

I would take the roll pin punch to the side that isn't messed up, or the least messed up.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:52:46 AM EDT
It's a straight roll pin. If one side is mushed, that's probably the side it was knocked in from, so knocking it out from the other side might be a little easier... It should come out either way though.

Support the trigger guard ears with a block of wood. Drill a hole though it, for the pin to be able to drop into, and hammer it out. It's that simple.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:17:10 AM EDT
Be careful. As stated above very carefully and solidly support the down-side of the receiver while pounding the guard pin out. Failing to do so will result in a broken receiver. Same thing going back together.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:28:29 AM EDT
Fair enough,

After thinking a bit more on it ill wait until next week to do this, I want to order some new roll pins because i dont want to put back in this pin if its all mashed up...

Im just swapping trigger guards from 1 lower to another for color matching purposes :P

Thanks for the tips!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:08:04 PM EDT
Yeah, be careful. I broke my mega lower installing one.
Top Top