Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/5/2010 7:12:17 PM EDT
Has anyone ever modified the DPMS carbon fiber FF tube by drilling screw holes in the rear so small screws can be threaded into the barrel nut, like the YHM's?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:30:34 PM EDT
I would give Steve at Adco a call he could probaly help you out.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:15:22 PM EDT
Interesting idea. If it worked, it would be better than using glue. Let us know if you try it, how you did it, and how it works.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:19:30 PM EDT
Done it.

For a customer I did that exact mod for his tube.

I installed the barrel nut and marked the holes on the nut at 1:30, 4:30, 7:30 and 10:30...... Set the barrel nut in a drill press and made four 0.5" deep holes, but I can't remember what size screws I used but then I just tapped and threaded those holes and installed the screws.

It was an easy mod but he wanted me to do it cause he said it made it feel more secure with the bipod attached.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:12:19 AM EDT
Why did you wait so long between marking each hole? 3 hours seems excessive.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:30:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By gonzatron:

LOL Ever heard of measure twice, cut once? He is taking that to the extreme!
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:25:23 AM EDT
Originally Posted By gonzatron:

Two hours max, according the the manual!
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:46:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By rogue007:
Done it.

For a customer I did that exact mod for his tube.

I installed the barrel nut and marked the holes on the nut at 1:30, 4:30, 7:30 and 10:30...... Set the barrel nut in a drill press and made four 0.5" deep holes, but I can't remember what size screws I used but then I just tapped and threaded those holes and installed the screws.

It was an easy mod but he wanted me to do it cause he said it made it feel more secure with the bipod attached.

I'm glad it worked. I may have to try it on a future build. So he liked it and it feels pretty solid?
Top Top