Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2010 3:01:42 PM EDT
Try as I might, I think I screwed up the installation.

I slide the flared part down in the channel, and push it as far as it will go.

Then I assemble the disco and pin it in, then the hammer and pin it in.

Here is where it gets interesting.

When I cock the hammer ALL THE WAY back and press it down, then pull the trigger and ease it up, it will stay stuck down unless I squeeze the trigger multiple times.

Also, if I try to cock the hammer back while squeezing the trigger, it will not catch on the disco.

This would result in slamfiring and potential OOB incidents.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:04:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
When I cock the hammer ALL THE WAY back and press it down, then pull the trigger and ease it up, it will stay stuck down unless I squeeze the trigger multiple times.
Please clarify which "it" you're talking about staying stuck down.  The hammer?  That sounds like a hammer spring problem.  The trigger?  Trigger spring problem.  Also, did you lubricate these parts at all?  I'd even put a little light grease in the pin spaces before installing the pins.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, the hammer stays down.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:25:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Make sure the trigger and hammer springs are installed correctly. Also the selector needs to be in place when doing a function check. Without the selector in place the trigger can be pulled past its normal travel range.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:03:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Classic symptom of hammer spring installed backward, or hammer spring bent...
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:07:13 AM EDT
[#5]
The wide end of the spring should be inserted into the channel of the trigger assembly, not the narrow end of the spring.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:45:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The wide end of the spring should be inserted into the channel of the trigger assembly, not the narrow end of the spring.

He indicated he installed it correctly in the original post.  He said he installed "the flared end in the channel..."  My money is on the hammer spring being incorrectly installed or something wrong with the pins.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I never installed the selector.

Figured that the FCG would operate just like the one in my AKM.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I never installed the selector.

Figured that the FCG would operate just like the one in my AKM.
Ahhhhhh.  Yes, that selector makes a BIG difference in how everything works.  Put it in and see.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top