User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 174
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 11:19:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Thor:
Two of my pistol builds got cannibalized for my PDW build.
This will be getting switched to a 300blk barrel after I finish my Grendel build.

- PSA Space Force Lower
- CMC 3.5lb Single Stage
- Phase 5 Extended Bolt Release
- Odin Rifle Works Extended Mag Release
- SI Billet Trigger Guard
- SI Extended TD Pins
- SI Ambi Safety
- SI Viper PDW Stock
- SI Viper 15* Grip

- Bear Creek Billet Upper and BCG
- SLR 5" 5.56 Barrel
- SLR 6" Helix Handgaurd
- SLR Linear Compensator
- SLR Handstop
- BCM Vertical Grip
- Griffin Armament M2 Sights
- Streamlight Protac
- SI R.E.X mount with riser
- Burris Fast Fire

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66797/IMG_20190114_211630_jpg-825290.JPG
View Quote
That's adorable.  Nice build!
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:07:35 PM EDT
[#2]

varminter by Armed Ferret, on Flickr
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 6:20:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's my 6.5 Grendel!

Link Posted: 2/6/2019 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File

Setup for night hunting above and day hunting below.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 8:12:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HEIT_APDST] [#6]
Post 3,000

KISS pistol

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#7]
1st AR ever( im an AK guy).
Anyway. Its a franken build.
Psa upper,mpi bolt,midwest mlock free float,spikes lower, junk ass polymer buis(just put them on tonight) and a sig romeo 5. Got a m3 light i havent installed yet. But may splurge on a stream light 1000 lumen set up.
Sling will be one of OSOE bungees .
Already have 150 rnd down it.....its no AK for sure.
Already planning my next build, that ill do from bare bones.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 11:44:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 2/8/2019 12:19:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: delete] [#9]
7.62X39 fun build
BEAR CREEK ARSENAL UPPER
ANDERSON LOWER
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 6:16:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: astromoose] [#10]
First post and first AR15 build!

Link Posted: 2/8/2019 6:38:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LAWRENCETHOMPSON] [#11]
Originally Posted By astromoose:
First post and first AR15 build!

https://imgoat.com/uploads/336dcbab05/194772.jpg
View Quote
Looks nice, I have a few of those SOPMOD butt stocks, they are great but rattle a bit much.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 6:47:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By LAWRENCETHOMPSON:

Looks nice, I have a few of those SOPMOD butt stocks, they are great but rattle a bit much.
View Quote
Thank you. It's the bravo model not the SOPMOD. I don't have the storage compartments and the back cushion is slightly slanted instead of 90 degrees.

Maybe I got lucky but there's not much rattle on mine. There is some very slight play where you can pull the stock back and forth but I wouldn't call it rattling.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I need to dremel some of the mounting screws on my offset light mount, they're hitting the Geissele gas block

Link Posted: 2/8/2019 8:29:03 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote
Had to do a double take, thought it was an MP5 at first lol.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 8:45:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By LAWRENCETHOMPSON:

View Quote
Do you have authentic ones?  I have 2, one LMT and one B5, neither rattles.  Nor does my wife's bravo on her recce build.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 1:36:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: astromoose] [#16]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

Do you have authentic ones?  I have 2, one LMT and one B5, neither rattles.  Nor does my wife's bravo on her recce build.
View Quote
I'm assuming by authentic you mean the LMT one? I have the one by B5. It feels plenty snug for me.

:edit:

i'm an idiot, you weren't even talking to me
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 11:44:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By astromoose:

I'm assuming by authentic you mean the LMT one? I have the one by B5. It feels plenty snug for me.

:edit:

i'm an idiot, you weren't even talking to me
View Quote
I mean non-chinese.    LMT or B5.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:38:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Whoring it out today
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
That's a great looking rifle! Looks like a sweet little shooter.

What fsb is that?
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 12:14:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Hilltop5757:

That's a great looking rifle! Looks like a sweet little shooter.

What fsb is that?
View Quote
DEZ
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Complete Build Now with US Optics B-10

Link Posted: 2/25/2019 12:59:35 AM EDT
[#22]
My Star Wars themed build.  This was a mostly parts bin build.

I started with a Cerakoted 80% Star Wars lower from Right to Bear Arms and finished it with a Modulus HD jig.

I poached an Echo binary trigger from another rifle so that the third position (Death Star) actually does something.
KAK pistol blade in white with vinyl 1" Imperial logos from an eBay vendor
PWS ratcheting end plate
Strike Industries LPK because I like them, the logo matches the theme, and the rear takedown pin has a hex head which works well with the style.
Magpul MOE-K2 grip
Trigger guard from Vendetta Precision via Amazon, cerakoted white.  I would not normally use a screw-on guard, but I was paranoid about possibly breaking an ear off this lower (never have before, but still).  The screw heads give a nice contrast to the white lower.
Lancer 10 round opaque black magazine

The upper is Aero Precision stripped, cerakoted white.
8.5" PSA .300 Blackout barrel from the parts bin.
Apex 9" tubular handguard.  This was a contract overrun and came from the parts bin.  Cerakoted white.  I left the barrel nut portion and screws black for contrast.
Strike Industries forward assist.  I used this as it has a pattern that looks like a TIE fighter wing panel.
Strike Industries charging handle.  I had one in the parts bin.
KAK polymer dust cover.  I went poly so that the metal wouldn't wear the upper's finish when flipping open.  I'm going to replace this with a Strike Industries capsule poly one as the KAK's detent has already failed (stuck down).  I like the Strike's styling for this build.
The muzzle device is my spare SilencerCo MAAD mount with their blast diverter on a 3 prong Trifecta flash hider.
Vortex SPARC AR red dot

I bought some beautiful enamel filled Imperial logo pins off Amazon that I was going to epoxy into the forward QD swivel hole, but they are just a little big.  Maybe one day I'll mill those out or find something similar to use.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 2:32:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By tobycreek:
My Star Wars themed build.  This was a mostly parts bin build.

I started with a Cerakoted 80% Star Wars lower from Right to Bear Arms and finished it with a Modulus HD jig.

I poached an Echo binary trigger from another rifle so that the third position (Death Star) actually does something.
KAK pistol blade in white with vinyl 1" Imperial logos from an eBay vendor
PWS ratcheting end plate
Strike Industries LPK because I like them, the logo matches the theme, and the rear takedown pin has a hex head which works well with the style.
Magpul MOE-K2 grip
Trigger guard from Vendetta Precision via Amazon, cerakoted white.  I would not normally use a screw-on guard, but I was paranoid about possibly breaking an ear off this lower (never have before, but still).  The screw heads give a nice contrast to the white lower.
Lancer 10 round opaque black magazine

The upper is Aero Precision stripped, cerakoted white.
8.5" PSA .300 Blackout barrel from the parts bin.
Apex 9" tubular handguard.  This was a contract overrun and came from the parts bin.  Cerakoted white.  I left the barrel nut portion and screws black for contrast.
Strike Industries forward assist.  I used this as it has a pattern that looks like a TIE fighter wing panel.
Strike Industries charging handle.  I had one in the parts bin.
KAK polymer dust cover.  I went poly so that the metal wouldn't wear the upper's finish when flipping open.  I'm going to replace this with a Strike Industries capsule poly one as the KAK's detent has already failed (stuck down).  I like the Strike's styling for this build.
The muzzle device is my spare SilencerCo MAAD mount with their blast diverter on a 3 prong Trifecta flash hider.
Vortex SPARC AR red dot

I bought some beautiful enamel filled Imperial logo pins off Amazon that I was going to epoxy into the forward QD swivel hole, but they are just a little big.  Maybe one day I'll mill those out or find something similar to use.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/34757/SW_Right_Side_jpg-857385.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/34757/SW_Muzzle_jpg-857387.JPG
View Quote
I'm digg'n it. I've been pondering a "snow tundra white" build for quite some time. Very cool!
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 12:34:04 PM EDT
[#24]
My 10.5 A2

Link Posted: 2/28/2019 11:26:15 AM EDT
[#25]
I think (hope) I'm finally almost done with this one. The safety is going to get replaced with a Radian Talon soon and the trigger MAY be swapped for a G SSS-E or SSP, and some day far in the future it will get better glass but it's basically where I want it. Now it needs to be SBR'd--plan for that is s shorter MK14 with probably a Criterion under the hood and a M600DF in place of the HLX.

Upper
BCM blem stripped upper
LaRue 16” PredatAR
YHM Turbo
SLR Sentry 6 adjustable gas block
CMMG midlength gas tube
RCA Nitride BCG
Strike Industries aluminum enhanced dust cover
Forward Controls Design Low Drag Forward Assist
Deflector Brake
Geissele MK14 SMR
Geissele SCH

Lower
ADM UIC blem lower
BCM LPK
BCM Mod 3 grip
Seekins ambi 60* safety
BAD enhanced magazine catch
FCD enhanced magazine release
FCD extra power mag release spring
Strike Industries enhanced takedown pin
LaRue MBT-2S
PWS Gen 2 buffer tube
PWS ratcheting end plate
BCM Mod 0 SOPMOD stock
Armaspec H1 SRS

Accessories
BCM marked Troy BUIS, Blitzkrieg chevron post on the way
ADM Recon 30mm QD mount
Primary Arms 1-6x24 FFP Raptor
MK Machining throw lever
IWC QD mount
BCM grip panels
BCM VFG
Magpul bipod
Gearward ranger bands
Streamlight HLX with bubba’d red lens cap
Cloud Defensive LCS
Arisaka offset scout mount
Bowers Griptastic suppressor cover
Blue Force Gear padded VCAS
TAB Gear Sling Thing
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 3/9/2019 8:32:24 PM EDT
[#27]
I finished this build about a month ago. It started as a Nordic Components 18" barrel with rifle length gas system I found for a good price. I had a Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-24X50 laying around without a home, so I put it on this rifle for now.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 11:35:59 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 3/16/2019 7:35:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mnellis3023] [#29]
My Ascend Armory/Geissele mk4 Federal
11.5" Ballistic Advantage barrel
Holosun 510c is just a place holder for the Trijicon MRO that will be here next week

Link Posted: 3/18/2019 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 11:55:00 AM EDT
[#31]
I have been wanting to build a somewhat lightweight 7.62x39 AR for a long time now. When PSA launched the gen 2 KS-47 i just couldn't resist. Not totally done yet, but wanted to share anyways. Milling some material off the BCG this weekend to hopefully get it down around 10-9.5oz. Im sure i could have got this rifle sub 5lbs with a few dollars more and a fixed length stock but i already have an ultralight 5.56 and wanted to keep this one mild.

Link Posted: 3/19/2019 8:39:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cityofthesouth] [#32]

Probably pretty obvious what parts we're looking at here - I'm a keep it simple kind of guy. This is a lighter weight project, so that's where the emphasis was. Exactly as pictured (empty mag) 6-3/4lbs.
Less obvious parts are a Tubb flat wire buffer spring with an H1 buffer and I used Faxon's Gunner 14.5" pinned by Adco. This is a barrel from AIM with a pinned gas block because it makes me feel good inside.
Got me some WeaponStenciles and some Rustoleum and made my own Multicam Black effect. I used the camo black, charcoal "Chalked", and Satin Oregano.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 10:52:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By cityofthesouth:
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPdTes2aOM7wBUl-5jmGKDL-xk-lJY_71wYYzGS
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOJwUZ2Ro7WDWwnkZbrawhDuggi3VWefLNAxx9a
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPv5rUTdW9SH_RHhB4yul6ekdCI_veE0kTbL-4m

Probably pretty obvious what parts we're looking at here - I'm a keep it simple kind of guy. This is a lighter weight project, so that's where the emphasis was. Exactly as pictured (empty mag) 6-3/4lbs.
Less obvious parts are a Tubb flat wire buffer spring with an H1 buffer and I used Faxon's Gunner 14.5" pinned by Adco. This is a barrel from AIM with a pinned gas block because it makes me feel good inside.
Got me some WeaponStenciles and some Rustoleum and made my own Multicam Black effect. I used the camo black, charcoal "Chalked", and Satin Oregano.
View Quote
Links are 404, not sure if Google is censoring firearm pics or whether you took them down voluntarily.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 9:43:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Spinoza556:

Links are 404, not sure if Google is censoring firearm pics or whether you took them down voluntarily.
View Quote
OK I just used some image hosting and changed the links. The old links work for me, but that could just be because I am logged into my google account. I dunno.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:15:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By cityofthesouth:

OK I just used some image hosting and changed the links. The old links work for me, but that could just be because I am logged into my google account. I dunno.
View Quote
They work now, looks really clean.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 2:31:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: notBrad] [#36]
http://u.cubeupload.com/Braddammit/DSC02072min.jpg

Funny thing about my AR15, when my buddy was finishing it he messed up drilling the holes for the FCG, I didn't notice it so we take it out to break it in and the disconnecter binds and the damn thing goes full auto. I had only put three rounds in the magazine, because that is what you do. The cool thing was that you couldn't hear the individual shots. It cycled so fast that it sounded like one long shot. So I guess no cycling issues, FTF, FTE, etc. We ran a few single rounds through it to sight it in and called it a day.

I still have to move the fore grip and bipod back and flip the bipod around. Not to mention re-drilling the FCG holes and doing some trigger work on it.

Edit :  OK, how do I get the images to display inline and not as links?

Edit : how do you get a sig?
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Finally together. Working on correcting the optic mount. I give you the “Daryl” OG Holland.

Link Posted: 4/23/2019 1:12:14 AM EDT
[#38]
What is that pressure pad carriage?
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 5:58:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By kwando:
My 10.5 A2

https://i.imgur.com/UE7p8SB.jpg
View Quote
I have a 10.5” A2 style as well and I love how it spits out huge fireballs with 5.56!
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 6:02:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Heres my 16” midlength Delton

Link Posted: 4/24/2019 10:12:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By notBrad:
http://u.cubeupload.com/Braddammit/DSC02072min.jpg

Funny thing about my AR15, when my buddy was finishing it he messed up drilling the holes for the FCG, I didn't notice it so we take it out to break it in and the disconnecter binds and the damn thing goes full auto. I had only put three rounds in the magazine, because that is what you do. The cool thing was that you couldn't hear the individual shots. It cycled so fast that it sounded like one long shot. So I guess no cycling issues, FTF, FTE, etc. We ran a few single rounds through it to sight it in and called it a day.

I still have to move the fore grip and bipod back and flip the bipod around. Not to mention re-drilling the FCG holes and doing some trigger work on it.

Edit :  OK, how do I get the images to display inline and not as links?

Edit : how do you get a sig?
View Quote
You need to add the tags and have at least over 50 posts. Also, did you buddy mill out and drill that 80% lower for you? Did you have a Jig?
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 7:26:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 12:16:19 PM EDT
[#43]
22 Lr I’m helping a friend with.

Link Posted: 4/29/2019 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 5/3/2019 11:31:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Got home from work tonight at 10pm and was told a package had arrived. Decided to do a late night build.

I plan on building a lower for this and making it a pistol. I have it on a registered lower at the moment, but this lower belongs to a 12.5 stealth upper. The UDE on the lower matches with the 12.5 upper that goes with it, so it looks pretty janky with this DDC/FDE, but whatever. I'm also waiting for a SI port door and T2 that should be here by Monday. Also, excuse the shitty lighting and pics.

Parts -

Rainier Arms Squad Designated Marksman 10.5 barrel
Geissele Mk4 9.5
Surefire Socom brake
Rainier Arms mil spec forged upper receiver
Larue Chrome BCG (this is sold and leaving my possession today, to be replaced by a BCM)
KAC BUIS
Geissele super gas block
Umbrella branded Raptor charging handle

Link Posted: 5/3/2019 8:46:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chipss36] [#46]

Currently on the bench, this build has been a bit more complex than even my sr25 builds, trying to stay inbounds of my old friend, yet upgrade things like barrel and trigger, criterion hand lapped pencil in 1/8 twist to throw some heavies. MK X TRIGGER, yet usgi furniture, for the feel, sound and look I remember , nodak spud upper and lower, still need to go pick up lower from ffl, and need a few parts yet.
Think this one will be a hit at the range with us older guys....
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 9:16:54 PM EDT
[#47]
I've been working on these for a while. Three identical lightweight 14.5" mids. One for my sweetie, one for my sister, and one for mom. All lefties. Consecutive serial number Anderson lowers, lightweight uppers, pinned and welded Faxon pencil barrels, LaRue triggers, Toolcraft BCGs, PA advanced microdots, and Magpul BUIS. 6.06 lbs with the optic and BUIS.

Link Posted: 5/4/2019 10:02:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alaska511] [#48]
Originally Posted By WinterIsComingXII:
Got home from work tonight at 10pm and was told a package had arrived. Decided to do a late night build.

I plan on building a lower for this and making it a pistol. I have it on a registered lower at the moment, but this lower belongs to a 12.5 stealth upper. The UDE on the lower matches with the 12.5 upper that goes with it, so it looks pretty janky with this DDC/FDE, but whatever. I'm also waiting for a SI port door and T2 that should be here by Monday. Also, excuse the shitty lighting and pics.

Parts -

Geissele Mk4 9.5
Surefire Socom brake
Larue Chrome BCG (this is sold and leaving my possession today, to be replaced by a BCM)
KAC BUIS
Geissele super gas block

https://i.imgur.com/pwKee4wh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ye8PsWIh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Vv4jm89h.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6CySSq3h.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gZN1wvoh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/v0AxWHfh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/c5udveZh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/87Db7hCh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RPxViGrh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JvbdA8oh.jpg
View Quote
Man, I would go with the chrome BCG!  I had no idea LaRue even had those

Looking good.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Alaska511:

Looking good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alaska511:
Originally Posted By WinterIsComingXII:

Parts -

Geissele Mk4 9.5
Surefire Socom brake
KAC BUIS
Geissele super gas block

https://i.imgur.com/pwKee4wh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ye8PsWIh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Vv4jm89h.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6CySSq3h.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gZN1wvoh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/v0AxWHfh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/c5udveZh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/87Db7hCh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RPxViGrh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JvbdA8oh.jpg

Looking good.
Thanks man!

Yeah, the only way to get one (chrome Larue BCG) is by purchasing a complete rifle. I don't think they even make them available for their stealth/UU uppers. I'll probably regret selling it, but I got enough out of it to buy several BCM BCG's that I currently need for other builds.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:15:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#50]
Originally Posted By PoopdeckPappy:
I've been working on these for a while. Three identical lightweight 14.5" mids. One for my sweetie, one for my sister, and one for mom. All lefties. Consecutive serial number Anderson lowers, lightweight uppers, pinned and welded Faxon pencil barrels, LaRue triggers, Toolcraft BCGs, PA advanced microdots, and Magpul BUIS. 6.06 lbs with the optic and BUIS.

https://i.imgur.com/Kgs6Xqs.jpg
View Quote
Good man!  Doing identical builds for my twin grand daughters.  Course the guns have to be painted differently.

CD
Page / 174
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top