Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/9/2006 4:43:05 PM EDT
I recently bought an ar-15, and I was wondering what tools/parts might I need to purchase?

also looking to paint a snake skin pattern on the gun any ideas on how to do it?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#1]
tools to have are a combo armorer's wrench, a full set of punches and an armorers block set.. that should pretty much set you up for tools... as for parts.. an "oh'shoot" kit would pretty much set you up for little spare parts that may break at the worst time...

as for a snake skin... find someone who can airbrush well... they may be able to do it...
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#2]
For the Snake Skin, I would hold on until you get a secondary AR15, its a BRD thing...

Just enjoy the new puppy and polish, give it treats and be loyal to it ...

It will love you back just the same you give it :)
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 1:21:05 AM EDT
[#3]
the snake shin look can be done with netting put over the area and sprayed

fish net stockings , your old fushing net , or some stuff from a craft store

try it out on an old block of wood befor you spray your gun

Invisiblesoul
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top