Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/9/2006 2:33:16 PM EDT
I'm looking into building my first AR15. I think I'm going to get a complete upper from EE as well as a stripped lower reciever. If I get these, what other parts will I need?

Does anyone have a site dedicated to helping noobs build their first?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:40:04 PM EDT
--Welcome to the site!

you will also need: LPK and stock assembly

this is THE site for AR15s....the only other one i would recommend is the MarylandAR15 site

also, pls read the "how-to" insturctions tacked above as well as any other tacked thread in the AR15 forums for basic info
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:47:39 PM EDT
Awesome! Thank you for being so friendly. This site is great.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:48:08 PM EDT
Yes this is the site for all your answers make sure you read and use the search function, or some people will scorn you to death. i just completed my first build and got all the info here. IT was pretty easy you can do it no problem.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:51:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By I_want_an_AR:
Awesome! Thank you for being so friendly. This site is great.

no problem

if you got any other questions, +1 on a search first, but if does not help, post it!

oh, and before you have ammo questions: www.ammo-oracle.com
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:02:56 PM EDT
Welcome. Here's a good thread to start, Assemble Your Own LOWER, UPPER, FREE FLOAT, TRIGGER, GAS BLOCK - Step by Step Instructions! tacked thread link .

Also click on the Information tab on top of the page to read more info about the rifle and there are also drawings and parts list there.

I have a lot of years experience with the AR but last year when I decided to build my own those info that I pointed out really helped me, and now I had built four guns since then.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:55:37 PM EDT
Get all of your parts together and put them in a burlap potato sack. Shake three times, spit twice, and open the bag. Reach in and you should pull out a compleat rifle. No its not that easy but its not dificult at all. Everything you need to know can be found right here. Lots of good info.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:29:37 PM EDT
I'm a full time student and I only make about $130 a week at my part time job. Do you think that getting a used upper from the EE would be the best route for me?

Thanks for all the help! h.gif
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:14:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By I_want_an_AR:
I'm a full time student and I only make about $130 a week at my part time job. Do you think that getting a used upper from the EE would be the best route for me?

Thanks for all the help!

yes (from personal expeirence)

h/w you will have to keep a sharp eye out for what you are looking for....
Top Top