Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 12:47:39 PM EDT
Basically I have a target rifle now, and I'm looking to put together a cheap carbine plinker.  I just want to build something for say $400-$450.  I'd like an A4 upper on it to mount a red dot sight, but that really doesnt matter. A collapsable stock would be nice too.  First of all will I be able to find parts for the gun cheap enough to build a gun that inexpensive?  Second of all where's the best place to find the parts (internet, gun show, etc.)?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:53:16 PM EDT
[#1]
watch the EE closely, you'll find the parts you want at reasonable to cheap prices. I just bought a Flattop upper reciever off the EE to go with my Essential arms lower that I'm building a Carbine to go with my A2.

Also check the gunshows. look through the misc. bins on the tables sometime you'll be real surprised at what you can find Cheap.

Jason
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:39:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, let's say you find a good deal for an upper on the EE...let's just say $250 without a bolt. Bolt/bolt carrier assembly and charging handle are gonna run at least another $100, lower receiver is another $100, lower parts kit $50, buttstock $90. That's $590

Instead, you could just buy a Del-Ton rifle kit, which runs (chrome-lined) about $510, plus the lower would make it $610. From what I've seen (been scroungin the EE for a while now) it's almost just as cheap to go with a Del-Ton kit than to buy a bunch of separate parts used.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:56:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't hesitate to go with a Del-Ton kit.  Service and quality are hard to beat.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:01:16 AM EDT
[#5]
My Next BUILD will be from Del-Ton Kit for my Gal, I want her to get into AR-15 ..but It will be

L E A S E D to her ..she cant own it until she is my wife ...

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:51:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top