Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/4/2006 4:18:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/4/2006 6:23:11 PM EDT by shadowcop]
Installed my MI 2 piece free float railed hand guards. Really solid. Lined up perfectly.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:54:13 PM EDT
Very Nice. I will be ordering mine tonight. How simple was it to install? Who did you order it from?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:19:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/4/2006 6:22:11 PM EDT by shadowcop]
Ordered it from Bravo Company. $172.00 including shipping. Got it in 5 days. I took the barrel off to save the delta ring. You can cut the delta ring off and install it without removing the barrel. Easy to install. Good tip I got was to use something to keep the rail aligned when tightening the screws. I used a riser rail and split it between the upper reciever flat top and the rail on the new hand guard. They even provided the allen wrenches and locktight. I left the end cap on in case I ever want to take the MI off and replace it with original hand guards. It would look great with the cap removed because it has a forward support that would also keep debris out of the barrel.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:07:25 AM EDT
I love mine as well. I installed them by cutting off the ring. It was kind of a pain to cut it off though, only because I ended up having to cut the moon clip under the ring as well.

I did not have one problem aligning the top rail at all. In fact it mated right up.

I also did the same thing, leave the front ring on. Not that I want to go back to the 2 piece guards, but I did not want to cut it off.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:21:40 AM EDT
Shadowcop, could you take/post a pic from directly overtop or underneath it? I'd just like to get a visual on how wide they are.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:29:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/6/2006 4:33:37 AM EDT by mr_wilson]

Originally Posted By RRA-A2:
Shadowcop, could you take/post a pic from directly overtop or underneath it? I'd just like to get a visual on how wide they are.

Thanks!

2" wide

Mike

ETA - pic courtesy of glock24 in this thread here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=276268

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:11:23 AM EDT
Thanks for all the information. I'm also interested in these and the Samson.

Quick question: Does the forward support you talked about in the first post HAVE to be installed? Doesn't having the support eliminate it from being a true free float? Also, how big is the openning of the forward support as I have a HBAR?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:28:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/6/2006 5:29:20 AM EDT by mr_wilson]

Originally Posted By SHK:
Quick question: Does the forward support you talked about in the first post HAVE to be installed?
without it you'll have a hard time correctly installing the lower portion of the HG, as it comes in 2 pieces, a top and a bottom. The bottom protion screws to the bottom support ring at the front, which is held in place by 2 screws from the top portion.

Doesn't having the support eliminate it from being a true free float?
the front support does NOT touch the the barrel, sort of U s, around the barrel.

Also, how big is the openning of the forward support as I have a HBAR?
Didn't measure mine, but IIRC should fit over HBAR barrel.

Thanks in advance!

Your welcome,
Mike
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:33:59 AM EDT
That clears up ALOT of issues. Thanks you sir!
Top Top