Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/29/2006 8:34:58 AM EDT
So, here she is.  My first black rifle.  Took me about 7 months and $780, but I'm a very happy man.  Thanks goes to ar15.com and all the readers and contributers for the info.  You guys rock.

I'm going to break it in Saturday (hopefully)...let you know how it goes.

Here's the rundown:
Doublestar Lower ($95)
DPMS LPK ($40)
Generic 6-position stock ($45)
Generic Detachable Handle ($35)
Sabre Recon Mid-length upper ($560 shipped - Thanks, TalonArms!Here
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1997/smallcompleterifle8ay.th.jpg

Update....4/2/06

Got to the range today and went through about 50 rounds.  After getting zeroed, the two targets in the pict were shot.  15 rounds at the one on the left, 10 rounds to the one of the right.  I round missed on each target.  I think if I go to longer, heavier bullets, it'll tighten up a bit.  All shot were fired at 100 yards.  

Thanks for looking,

-Jbot

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2633/10030907gd.th.jpg

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:01:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice build Jesusbot. I like it... Enjoy.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I like it, specially your SDI middy upper and DoubleStar lower which I might get for my next build.

Good luck and have fun at the range.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:20:59 AM EDT
[#3]
job well done it looks great
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:04:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, guys...

Yea, Alpha-Romeo3, I love the dragon emblem on the doublestar and as far as the upper goes, I was going to go with a kit from JTdistributing or Del-ton, but I figured why not get an upper with the features I'm going to want in the future.  I highly recommend this approach!  I spent about $120 more, but now I'm not going to be changing a thing on this weapon for a while...

ok, maybe the handguards...and the stock...but that's it...

...a trigger, perhaps?  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:26:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Not bad at all. Do you have the carry handle back a little too far though?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I do (did)...I'd just come home for lunch and ran into the fedex guy dropping off the upper on my way out the door, going back to work.  I just couldn't go back to work without throwing it together and snapping a pict.  -JBot
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:41:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top