Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2006 6:45:18 PM EDT
I've been up and down these boards as I wait for my 2 off list lowers to arrive (i'm in CA have
CMT or DELTON flattop upper NOT m4 cut
lmt chrome lined bolt group
Wilson stainless 24' heavy varmint barrel (or Bushmaster?)
Magpul Precision stock (the one with the adjustable lop and comb)
Bushmaster or DPMS vented free float tube
Tango down battlegrip
The lower will be a doublestar
and I have a Leupold 3-9x40 scope already.

What kind of trigger would you suggest?  I shoot millsurps mostly and am used to two stage triggers so am leaning that way.  

I'm very nervous waiting for this 'baby' to be born, and being my first build, will also be getting the bushmaster action clamp and a good barrel wrench.  The other tools I have from years of fixing up milsurps.  See any pitfalls here?  Anything to watch out for or have any suggestions?

Lois
So many choices, oh what's a girl to do h.gif
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Bushy stuff is pretty nice.  Sometimes a little pricey, but quality.  I imagine their tools are the same way.

I like my Bushy 2-stage trigger, although I hear many talk about RRA's (IIRC, it's a little lower priced) being nice.  

When I built my Middy, I was used to my Bushy two-stage on my Varminter.  I went with a mil-spec on my middy build and was pretty shocked at how heavy and creepy it was...

I have since installed a reduced power spring kit and polished the contact surfaces, it did a lot for the pull, but nothing for the creep.  It's still nothing like my bushy trigger, but my middy is little more of a tactical rig than a long range gun.  When I do bench it, the creep is pretty obvious.

Gundraw
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:06:05 PM EDT
[#2]
the RRA is pretty good for budget 2 stages

if you go higher, they say that the Geissele is the best....no personal expierence
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:27:34 AM EDT
[#3]
If you want a good 2 stage trigger go with a Jewell.  RRA and Bushmaster 2 stage triggers are better than a stock trigger but they are by no means a good 2 stage trigger.  The Jewell will let you make much more adjustments.  I have one set up at 1.75 lbs first stage with .5 lbs on the second.  That is what I use in my 3 gun AR.  Or you could go with a Gieselle.  They break like glass rods and are an awesome trigger.  I have played with one on a buddys gun and it is awesome.  My SBR is going to have the DMR trigger from them in it and it will be around 3 pounds once I set it up.

You will pay more for a proper 2 stage trigger but they will beat a factory 2 stage trigger by a long shot.  Dont spend the money on a "factory" 2 stage when a much better trigger is not much more money.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top